Turbo Trainer with KMX Trike

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
MikeDaBike

Turbo Trainer with KMX Trike

Post by MikeDaBike »

Hi all I am thinking of getting a Stac Zero trainer to use with my KMX Trike...anyone know if these will be compatible? Thanks in advance
[XAP]Bob

Re: Turbo Trainer with KMX Trike

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Link/picture?

Wheel size?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
MikeDaBike

Post by MikeDaBike »

Hi Bob its a KMX Cobra which i have a 26 inch rear wheel for...

https://www.rockymountainrecumbents.com ... kmx-cobra/

This is the link to the trainer..

https://www.staczero.com/order

Thanks
Mike
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Should do then, might need to block up the front wheels to stop the pedals hitting the ground.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
MikeDaBike

Post by MikeDaBike »

Thanks...blocking the fronts is not a problem
ONETAL

Post by ONETAL »

Rollers with resistance setting is the way to go.
MikeDaBike

Post by MikeDaBike »

Hi onetal why would rollers be better? Thanks
OldBloke

Post by OldBloke »

My wife uses a cheap Aldi trainer. Hasn't bothered lifting the front wheels as the rear isn't high enough off the ground to bother her.

OB
yakdiver

Post by yakdiver »

ONETAL

Post by ONETAL »

You don't clamp the dropouts so there's no flex through the frame and it feels more like riding on the road.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Got to get it perfectly in line though I imagine
ONETAL

Post by ONETAL »

No not really, I've not had any problems just plonk the trike down and off I go. I use the Elite E-Motion rollers witch has 3 settings of resistance, and with the gears on the trike it will keep anybody happy.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Would the continuous scrubbing not significantly accelerate the tyre wear - which is normally higher on rollers/turbo than on the road anyway IIRC?
ONETAL

Post by ONETAL »

Rollers are no way near as bad as turbos on the rear tyre, not sure what you mean about scrubbing. If you were thinking of using a turbo tyre wear shouldn't be a issue on rollers.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Scrubbing - if you are offline on the rollers then the tyre will be scrubbing sideways across the roller - which is much harder on the tyre than just rolling forwards.