Schwalbe Tryker

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
piratepete

Schwalbe Tryker

Post by piratepete »

Just a heads up
I was looking for a new set of tyres for next year. Anyway I came across these. :)

Schwalbe Tryker tyres at SJS Cycles £22
Tigerbiten

Re: Schwalbe Tryker

Post by Tigerbiten »

Good fast tyres with lots of grip and reasonable puncture protection.
But I found that they tend to get cut up a lot if you cycle anywhere with glass/fit shards.
Not sure if I'll get them or Racers as I cannot get Supremes anymore for the front of my trike.
I'll get a 50-406 BA for the back, more rubber to wear off before getting down to the carcass.
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

Tigerbiten wrote:But I found that they tend to get cut up a lot if you cycle anywhere with glass/flint shards.
+1, also lost two with damaged sidewalls (don't go cycling in loose shingle :? ). Prefer Marathon Racers (at least the older ones with a folding bead) or BAs in 406. Schwalbe do like to fiddle with the compounds though, so difficult to be too pedantic.
BTW, if you are looking for speed then try some of these ;)
"42"
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

As I don't tend to cycle with flint... I really like them.

I recall that they gave me a full mph over the M Racers I had previously, and lasted longer, and stopped/cornered better...

But the sidewalls are somewhat fragile, by design.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Geoff.D

Post by Geoff.D »

I like trykers. Good handling characteristics.