Should You Install E-Assist On Your Trike/Bike?

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
hercule

Re: Should You Install E-Assist On Your Trike/Bike?

Post by hercule »

Like ambodach I inherited a Kalkhoff ebike a couple of years ago. After a brief go on it it spent a time sitting in the garage going nowhere, I tried putting it up for sale on here but there was no interest. Then I injured my knee, cycling became very difficult and surprisingly more painful than running. E-bike to the rescue! I’ve been riding it much more over the last 6 months and I think it’s been an important part in my knee rehab - I can dial in the amount assist according to how my knee is. It’s also proved very useful on local utility trips - not that I would have used the car for these, but it’s far more solid than my ancient Giant hybrid and, loaded up with shopping, I’m not worried that it’s going to collapse under me! Long-standing neck issues mean I’m not about to give up my recumbents and they are more fun to ride anyway, but it fulfils an excellent role as a longer range utility vehicle than my old hybrid manages.
sharpedge

Re: Should You Install E-Assist On Your Trike/Bike?

Post by sharpedge »

Having moved onto a trike last year after about five years where I was going out on my two wheeler less and less due to not feeling safe, I find now when I go out with the Easy Wheelers locally I am getting left behind. So I have taken the plunge and having a Bafang 250W unit fitted in August to my Ice Adventure HD.