Steve Parry (SP) modified Brompton Stolen

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
SianT

Steve Parry (SP) modified Brompton Stolen

Post by SianT »

Hi everyone,

I had my SP brompton stolen from just outside Royal Festival Hall yesterday. I was in town to celebrate my mum graduating so am not local, I wanted to get the information about the bike out in the public domain in case it helps finding it.

It's pretty unique and means a lot to me emotionally, I've reported to the police, but there were no witnesses or CCTV coverage of the area so there's basically nothing they can do. I'm sorting through an insurance claim, but I'd rather have it back!

Photo attached for information

Description:
Black frame, SP sticker instead of Brompton logo
14 speed Rohloff hub, twist grip on right handlebar
V-breaks to both front and back
Inbuilt suspension to handlebar stem, created from saddle post
Non-standard brompton, flat handlbars with bull horn ends

Since pictured:
Rack has been removed, and replaced with new black rear mudguard only
Saddle was replaced with a standard brompton saddle after the expedition was over!
Saddle bag was different, but similar size
bottle cage was removed

Unfortunately I currently can't find where I've written down the frame and serial number, so I'm trying everything else I can think of.

If anyone sees it advertised somewhere or has any recommendations beyond keeping looking at ebay and gumtree I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance,
S
Attachments
20160326_122251_HDR.jpg
horizon

Re: Steve Parry (SP) modified Brompton Stolen

Post by horizon »

Sian: sorry to hear about that. But could you say a little about how it was stolen? It helps others to habitualise better ways of protecting their bike or become aware of lock deficiencies, traps etc. In fact, I find it hard to visualise how anyone steals a Brompton as they are with the owner the whole time.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher