GCN tries a recumbent

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
UpWrong

GCN tries a recumbent

Post by UpWrong »

atlas_shrugged

Re: GCN tries a recumbent

Post by atlas_shrugged »

290,000 views in 2 days!!!!
hercule

Post by hercule »

I was one of them!

Incidentally GCN did an interview with round the world unicyclist Ed Pratt recently, and the same presenter learned to ride a unicycle in a remarkably short period of time. I was surprised he had so much initial difficulty with the Raptobike, it gave me (briefly) a smug feeling of superiority... :lol:
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

Whilst not a recumbenteer (been there, tried all sorts many years ago) I have taken part in a few BHPC events, preferring the tighter circuits. I rode at York where the fast riders and slower riders were all out together, usually they are in separate events. I can report that the bronze coloured fully enclosed in that film is very quick indeed, with the help of its rider of course. Events are low key and friendly.
hercule

Post by hercule »

I’d love to have a go but with a 700-800 mile round trip to the nearest events it’s hard to justify.

I did try time trialling in my youth and really didn’t like it. So I joined the CTC. :D
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

Nice report but I'd like to have seen him take on a pensioner on the Raptobike while he rode his latest carbon lovely - my money would have been on the pensioner
hercule

Post by hercule »

The next video by GCN is a talking heads one with a “discussion” about recumbents. Apparently recumbents are horribly slow, especially round corners, give you a sore back, and are always falling over (especially trikes). I’ve been riding recumbents of two and three wheeled persuasion for the last 15 years, I’ve now learned something new! Apparently. Beware of the comments, some rabid anti-recumbent roadies out there. It explains at least why so many of the Lycra-and-Carbon crowd never so much as say hello back to me.
nigelnightmare

Post by nigelnightmare »

Some of the lycra & carbon crowd are so anal retentive that I wonder if they even breath out. :wink: