Anyone near Rugby willing to help

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
PAB855

Anyone near Rugby willing to help

Post by PAB855 »

I have a friend who lives1.5 miles north of Rugby who is a longstanding CTC member, but who has developed a balance problem. I am exploring the possibility of getting him interested in changing to a recumbent trike. Unfortunately I am nearly 300 miles from him and cannot let him enjoy the experience by trying our ICE Adventure. I was wondering if there was anyone in the area who might be able to let him see one in the flesh. It's tricky bearing in mind the current lockdown restrictions, but any suggestions would be welcome. A look may be all that can be expected . A test ride currently may be too much to expect, but in the laid back world there's always a solution somehow.

I have emailed him relating our experiences with the trike, but have yet to receive a reply, so please just look on this as a very tentative step.

Cheers
[XAP]Bob

Re: Anyone near Rugby willing to help

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Yes... but virus concerns at the moment

Switching to PM
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

What a wonderful gesture for a friend. Chapeau !
Shreds

Post by Shreds »

ICE Trike dealers can be found via this map and usually have demo bikes to try or discuss.

https://www.icetrikes.co/dealers
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

If he is willing to travel I would recommend calling Kevin at DTek not too far away from him and once lock down lifts Kevin has a fleet of trikes to try, one of his taster session might help your friend decide.
NUKe

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Updates have been happening offline.

The various suggestions are all good though ;)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Shreds

Post by Shreds »

West Country Recumbents are near Derby and do a try before you buy scheme. (01332 865242). Ok thats not Rugby, but they have been around for a few years so have experience.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Didn't think West country sold ice trikes these days but could be wrong.

Hope the OPs friend gets sorted.
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

Isn't there a place in Shrewsbury that do ICE trikes?
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Derby is a bit closer, but if I was going that far I’d head to Cambridge.

OP is sorted, but my offer stands in general to people on here (and referrals).