New Lightning Phantom D via eBay

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
UpWrong

New Lightning Phantom D via eBay

Post by UpWrong »

I see Lightning Cycle Dynamics are doing international sales on eBay of their Phantom D, and this appears to include payment of UK customs and VAT.
Bike price $1990
Delivery $400.33
Import charges $946.19 (subject to confirmation on checkout)

So total is just short of £2700.

The Phantom D is much more flexible in terms of seat angle and rider sizing than the P-38.
Last edited by UpWrong on 25 Jun 2020, 2:05pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jdsk

Re: New Lightning Phantom D via eBay

Post by Jdsk »

I can't find it, please could you add the URL?

Thanks

Jonathan
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Jonathan
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

The price has gone up by 200 dollars, though the curency conversion rate has improved I think. Tempted. It's not as sexy as a P-38 but there's more adjustability so I'd have more confidence of it fitting. With the P-38, the smallest size that comes with a 20" front wheel is the Large and for my shortish legs that might be a problem, even with short cranks. Also the P-38 is known to have a very closed riding position; an upright seat with a higher BB. I think I prefer a more open angle, or at least have the option. The Phantom allows the seat to be reclined more and the steering mast can be angle adjusted. OTOH woud it deliver a better performance than the Giro 20 I had? That had a steel frame and alu fork, and I got the weight down to around 30lbs if I remember correctly. At the time I thought the Recurve seat on the Giro might have been sapping some effort.