Laidback prices

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
NUKe

Re: Laidback prices

Post by NUKe »

The price hikes in this area are due to the pound nose diving due to Brexit and our inability to deal with Corvus. Wait until the import taxes kick post Brexit
NUKe

Post by n0ct0 »

More reason to buy now. Except ICE are on 6 week delivery as are HP Velotechnik, who have also sold out of Gekkos until November.

Well, that and needing to have several thousand pounds floating around. :lol:
n0ct0

Post by n0ct0 »

There’s a nice Easy Racer on eBay that seems reasonably priced. If you’re the right size for it.
Shreds

Post by Shreds »

n0ct0 wrote:More reason to buy now. Except ICE are on 6 week delivery

Taking action instead of provaricating on the internet can produce great results. Even during and after lockdown, I was being quoted at least two weeks. Delivered in four working days in actual fact from ICE, I consider exceptionally good, even in normal times.

As for ordinary bikes which are claimed sold out everywhere (and actually are in a lot of places) knowing who and where to go to, could see people awheel on a new machine within days.

The mass panic buying unfortunately has not however seen a mass uptake of cycling continue. It lasted a few short weeks and then dropped back. Yes there will be some new converts, but far too many languishing in sheds, garages, hallways, eBay and gumtree beckon for rash foolish spending with no persistence or determination to master the skills. Even the government suggested cycle lanes have diminushed due to moaning motorists in some cases.
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

Shreds wrote: Even the government suggested cycle lanes have diminushed due to moaning motorists in some cases.

That's just a lack of joined up thinking. "We'll replace a car lane with a bike lane" ... "what do you mean the car drivers complain?".
D'uh! You need to pay the price for your initiative. Total lack of grit on their behalf, you soak up the complaints for <1 month and then people move on (just go for an eye test to Bernard Castle).
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.