Air suspension recommendations

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
RecumbentRide

Air suspension recommendations

Post by RecumbentRide »

I'm looking to swap out my 165mm coiled suspension for an adjustable air suspension unit so whether I go for a day ride or a laden tour I can dial it in. I have a Challenge Furai and am looking for something at the bottom end pricewise that's available for around £150, lockout would be nice but not essential. I'm hoping someone will have suggestions borne out of experience.
n0ct0

Re: Air suspension recommendations

Post by n0ct0 »

I have a Rockshox Monarch RL on my bike, they seem to be on sale for not too bad prices in 165mm if you have a dig around. It’s not too heavy, does the job, hasn’t needed any attention, and doesn’t seem to need the pressure topping up that often.
RecumbentRide

Post by RecumbentRide »

What a coincidence that's the one I just bought. Hard to find one for under £200 but having gone beyond the usual first/second page of google search results found one for around £165 all in.
speedy7777

Post by speedy7777 »

just checking but are you are aware that you can adjust the spring preload on most coil shocks to make them stiffer when you need to carry more weight?
RecumbentRide

Post by RecumbentRide »

speedy7777 wrote:just checking but are you are aware that you can adjust the spring preload on most coil shocks to make them stiffer when you need to carry more weight?

But then there is less give or 'suspension'