Recumbent Trike Questions

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
UpWrong

Re: Recumbent Trike Questions

Post by UpWrong »

EDIT: forgot to say 26" wheels are fine with all long cage RDs. The problem is 20" wheels with Shimano shadow design long cages. The derailleur extends beyond the rim. Hence I switched to the lower capacity SRAM x9 on my AZUB T-Tris 20.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

UpWrong wrote:....
I would find the cassette a bit gappy. A 10-speed 11-36 would reduce the gaps but I can't find any 10 speed (or 11-speed) RDs with 47T capacity. They seem to have a rating of 45T. Odd.

I might be doing the math wrong ('cos I've not done such calculations) but one config. I'm considering and a Sprint X Tour (using the ICE Configurator is a SHIMANO DEORE (48/36/26) + SHIMANO DEORE FRONT DERAILLEUR with a 10 SPEED - MICROSHIFT BARENDS/SHIMANO DEORE REAR DERAILLEUR/11-36 CASSETTE. Their configurator accepts these options together.

Ian
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

Psamathe wrote:
UpWrong wrote:....
I would find the cassette a bit gappy. A 10-speed 11-36 would reduce the gaps but I can't find any 10 speed (or 11-speed) RDs with 47T capacity. They seem to have a rating of 45T. Odd.

I might be doing the math wrong ('cos I've not done such calculations) but one config. I'm considering and a Sprint X Tour (using the ICE Configurator is a SHIMANO DEORE (48/36/26) + SHIMANO DEORE FRONT DERAILLEUR with a 10 SPEED - MICROSHIFT BARENDS/SHIMANO DEORE REAR DERAILLEUR/11-36 CASSETTE. Their configurator accepts these options together.

Ian

Hmm, the M610 Deore spec is 43T capcity and yet the ICE config involves 47T. I would assume ICE know what they are doing and have tested that config. Give them a call, I'm sure they'd be happy to discuss.
Tigerbiten

Post by Tigerbiten »

ICE trikes cope well will pushing a rear derailleur a little above it's limits.
As long as big-big works then just don't use a couple of smallest sprockets in the small ring and it will be fine.
When I used 22/36/48 rings and a 9-32 block setup on mine, that's what I did.

Luck ............ :D