Recumbent trike mudguards

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Psamathe

Re: Recumbent trike mudguards

Post by Psamathe »

Have you e-mailed Catrike about what they are supplying (i.e. what sized wheels? suitable for your tadpole?, etc. - they might be able to provide the exact parts for your exact bike) and what they would charge for shipping to UK. You say delivery by a relative would be "eventually" but have you explored other options e.g. are there any UK/EU dealers who are getting regular deliveries anyway so you could purchase through them (e.g. I'm considering a US$100+ Terracycle accessory and their shipping to UK is ludicrous but there is a German company supplying Terracycle products and they would be happy to add the item to one of their regular orders/deliveries and I'd buy from them).

With summer approaching do you need the mudguards urgently anyway (I'm imminently buying QR releases for mine (ICE) so I can take them off easily).

Ian
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Jdsk wrote: 3 Jul 2021, 12:13pm
belgiangoth wrote: 3 Jul 2021, 12:11pmNot sure that drill and tap into Alu is a wise move.
What's the thickness?
I'm not sure where we're talking about, but if it's thin how about fitting a threaded fastener?

Jonathan
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

ian, did email catrike directly, they were very brief - basically they said their current mudguards would fit, but would have greater clearance due to being built for 20" wheels.

there is no urgency as I don't ride the trike in the rain anyway - but i do feel that it's a thing I would explore, what with all my other bikes having mudguards.
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.