500 miles in!

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
steve6854

500 miles in!

Post by steve6854 »

I've now done 500 miles on the GTE and things keep getting better. I'm more confident, much, much stronger and enjoying the huge variety of responses you get from people when out riding.

Kids are the best, "Wow" seems to be the most common [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16].

The occasional idiotic derision, but you don't ride a 'bent and expect to be a shrinking violet!

Things I've noticed.

It's very comfortable.

Heart rate is much lower for a given ride than my upright.

Hills are getting easier. But there seems to be a limit on what I can ride up. Still testing my nerve and strength, only ground to halt and fallen over once into nettles so far.

Don't ride with flat tyres. My rear Schwalbe Marathon Plus has such a strong carcass I didn't even notice on a short ride out. Lesson learnt [emoji23].

It's very comfortable [emoji16]
UpWrong

Re: 500 miles in!

Post by UpWrong »

Well done! Lol re riding on a flat tyre - the suspension is that good :lol:

My Easy Rider style RANS with its fairing is the bike that gets the best universal exclamations from the school kids. No derisory comments or maniacal laughter, it just seems to get respect from all ages and all sexes (!)
[XAP]Bob

Re: 500 miles in!

Post by [XAP]Bob »

I would ride 500 miles, and I would ride 500 more...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.