Drycycle and questions

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
ClappedOut

Drycycle and questions

Post by ClappedOut »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DryCycle-Ful ... Sw8VpgXfsQ
Can’t afford it but it got me thinking.

Reminds me of the BMW scooter the C1 ? Or Sinclair 3wheeler.

Which brings me onto the question after looking at the cycling U.K. bicycle requirements and wondering the following.
1) brakes etc all pretty easy and obvious and expect most bikes conform to a BS standard- custom and homemade parts?

2) Third party and public liability insurance a well talked about situation, but how would you get insurance for theft etc and possibly a home made contraption. I wondered if mobility scooter insurance providers would entertain it in some way.

3) where would a home made contraption get checked, is there a type approval? Or engineers report?

We have been greatly enjoying the red bull races on YouTube, closed circuit and wondered about road use of such a contraption with brakes etc on a trike or recumbent design.

Or am I overthinking the whole situation
UpWrong

Re: Drycycle and questions

Post by UpWrong »

It's a pedelec e-bike. Fully legal on road and cycle paths in the UK without insurance. It has many neat ideas but I can't see it selling at that price. If I wanted such a thing I'd probably look at the Drymer at 9,000 euros + vat
https://www.drymer.nl/en/models/drymer-business/
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

There are plenty of velomobiles at better prices
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

I can’t see it reaching general population when car prices second hand way less, I did wonder about whether the niche would be inner city car share scheme?

I can safely say I won’t be a customer due to lack of funds.

Again Velomobile look like fantastic kit, but a large price tag looking at an Alpha 7.

I wondered any successful diy builds that may be worth a read?

Hundreds I could manage, thousands I can’t.

Just inspiration
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Chloroplast velomobiles are relatively cheap in money, if not time. If you can stretch to £2k then an Alleweder kit is an option (although again, there is a time cost)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Coroplast, rather than photosynthesis?

eg:
http://alexanders-somethingcreative.blo ... -2015.html

: - )

Jonathan
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Stupid drunken elf
hercule

Post by hercule »

Good idea though... turn all your emitted CO2 back to O2 for a real zero emission vehicle!

It will come some day... patent it now!
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

As a related question if using Coroplast are the angles scored from behind? The ones on YouTube look very tidy job.