Recumbent legs

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
crossy

Recumbent legs

Post by crossy »

I know about the legs needing to adapt to recumbent riding after riding a df bike a for a along time. I have a recumbent bike and trike if I ride the recumbent bike more will my legs be ok on the trike or will they have to adapt to the trike.
ICE Adventure E51, Van Nic Amazon E40, NWT Bike Friday E17, Orange Rohloff, Total E58
[XAP]Bob

Re: Recumbent legs

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Depends somewhat on the geometry - they’ll be closer to each other than to a DF
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
crossy

Post by crossy »

The bike is an old but lovely Peet Gynt the trike is an ICE Adventure.
ICE Adventure E51, Van Nic Amazon E40, NWT Bike Friday E17, Orange Rohloff, Total E58
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

Depends on the relative drop from BB to seat for each. But that's more like the adjustment from riding a MTB to a Road bike (I think, not an expert).
The main issue is that for the LB position you use muscles other than those you use for walking/DF bikes.
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

My four recumbents go from feet above hips to feet well below hips - in sequence, Speedmachine, Bacchetta, Kettwiesel, BikeE. The Bacchetta tends to sit unused in the winter months but returning to it in the spring, as I just have, I feel just as fast and comfortable as I did four months ago.

Enjoy

Stradageek