I'm open to selling my speedmachine

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
belgiangoth

I'm open to selling my speedmachine

Post by belgiangoth »

If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
belgiangoth

Re: I'm open to selling my speedmachine

Post by belgiangoth »

Now sold.
I had the bike for about 6 years and it has cost me about £100 in this time - which is fair. A little seller's remorse as I recognise that it is a good bike and maybe one day I will miss having a full suspension load hauler. But it was sitting in a shed and not getting the time it needed so I'm glad it's found a new home.
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

I sometimes wish I had all the 'bents I've sold to be around so I can experience them again. It would be fascinating to compare them with my current stable.
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

Trying to ease your pain here. If my 15yr old 40,000 mile SM died (no signs of this by the way) I'm not sure I'd replace it.

It used to be my daily commuter on a hilly and windy ride to work. But nowadays it is saved for windy days and for when my back is bad and needs a gentle massage. The comfort is second to none but the weight and transmission inefficiency are beginning to tax my ageing legs.

But what would I buy instead :wink:
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

Well, yes. I bought the SPM because it was available at a price I could manage at the time. Realistically an over-engineered mid-low racer with full sus was not what I would have gone for - but with laidbacks it's not crazy to just try a thing for a while and see what works better.
I think if I were buying a two-wheeler from new it would have no suspension or an air shock at the back and would take 26/650/700 wide tyres front and back - probably alu (e.g. an encore or the like).
But I didn't ride the two wheeler frequently enough to be happy with it - whereas the Catrike is jump on and go. While the trike is slower it is much lighter so faster up hills, which is what I notice most (as my other bike is a fixie).