Gear cable direction changes

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
[XAP]Bob

Gear cable direction changes

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Looking at the classic arrowhead bars as seen on various bikes… how do people deal with gear cables from either bar end or bar mounted shifters?

Always had just a reasonably sharp turn in the Bowden cable, but I wonder if there is a better way - like a 75 degree noodle
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Stradageek

Re: Gear cable direction changes

Post by Stradageek »

Not sure of the exact layout you are alluding to Bob, but I was faced with the need to reverse the rotation of the gripshift on my Kett to ease my aching wrist. Having a cable exit upwards was daft and inconvenient to I just swapped the cassette changer to the left hand, problem solved
[XAP]Bob

Re: Gear cable direction changes

Post by [XAP]Bob »

viewtopic.php?t=122660

That's close enough to show you what I mean - I could, of course, have called them hamster bars as well.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.