A pleasant afternoon bimble

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Ben Lovejoy

A pleasant afternoon bimble

Post by Ben Lovejoy »

David Walton and I discovered we live literally around the corner from each other (which he realised when he saw the tracklog of one of my rides on my website), so we went for an afternoon ride today. A 32-mile loop from Wickford to Paglesham and back.

Imagine our surprise when there was a pub there!

I usually find that I can freewheel downhill where two-wheel bikes need to pedal, but the reverse was true here, thanks, I suspect, to the Streamer fairing David had fitted. I only use mine in the winter, usually, but I may have to make an exception next time to see how it compares.

Three wheels had the advantage on the shingle-shrewn track to the river, though - David had to get off and push the last bit of it.

All-in-all, a very pleasant way to spend an afternoon when I should have been working ...

David also very kindly emailed me the GDB files for an impressive number of local routes.

Ben
TRICE Q with Streamer fairing for the fun stuff
Brompton M3L for the commutery stuff
LEJOG blog: http://www.benlovejoy.com/cycle/tripreports/lejog/
lauriematt

Post by lauriematt »

nice little story for a fri nite

sounds fun
WHAT DOESNT KILL YOU .... CAN ONLY MAKE YOU STRONGER
david143

Re: A pleasant afternoon bimble

Post by david143 »

Ben Lovejoy wrote:I usually find that I can freewheel downhill where two-wheel bikes need to pedal, but the reverse was true here, thanks, I suspect, to the Streamer fairing David had fitted. I only use mine in the winter, usually, but I may have to make an exception next time to see how it compares.

It's the extra weight that does it, but it is still reducing so not for too many more months :wink: