Pictures of your recumbent

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
n0ct0

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Postby n0ct0 » 23 May 2020, 8:56pm

It’s an Alpkit fuel pod. The design has changed since I bought mine looking at what they have on their website now.

It’s ok, but the zip opens the wrong way as it’s designed for the top tube of an upright. It doesn’t quite fit behind the steerer. I usually end up keeping my phone and snacks in there, but keep some in my pocket for when I’m riding along.

belgiangoth

Postby belgiangoth » 31 May 2020, 11:30pm

Sorry to fill up this thread with more off topic SM questions but
I assume those are the bespoke SKS mudguards. I'm running some "whateverIcanGetMyHandsOn", which are okay but I can maybe fit them over 40mm marathons. What font tyres are you using and how much space do the mudguards give you?
If I had a baby elephant, it would point out that there is no evidence for planing. Then it would eat all my bananas.

n0ct0

Postby n0ct0 » 1 Jun 2020, 9:16am

It was actually cheaper to buy two sets of mudguards online than buy one set from HP.

SKS 26” Hybrid Commuter and a set of SKS 20” guards.

There is quite a lot of clearance, probably 20mm, and you could adjust more in. This is with a Schwalbe Pro One Evo 1.1” front tyre. Can’t take any pics to show this as they are off the bike at the moment.

belgiangoth

Postby belgiangoth » 1 Jun 2020, 9:57am

Yes, I had considered that, though allegedly the recumbent specific ones have an extra stay at the back. I picked up a used rear (700c) and front (from a kid's bike) from the LBS and bodged that.
If I had a baby elephant, it would point out that there is no evidence for planing. Then it would eat all my bananas.

a.twiddler

Postby a.twiddler » 7 Jul 2020, 12:57am

Done a bit of work on the Linear
Linear Recumbent Left side.JPG

Just need to get out and ride it, and do some fine tuning.
Image Attachments
Linear Recumbent Right side.JPG