Pictures of your recumbent

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
seldomseen

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Post by seldomseen »

I did, but the Meta has been my favourite!
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

seldomseen wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 1:43pm I did, but the Meta has been my favourite!
Yes, I sometimes have regrets about selling. The design looks so right, better than Perfomer's version, the Daemon, which doesn't have the boom support tube. My mistake was trying to use it with a 20" front wheel when I didn't have a zero rake fork to give it a decent amount of trail. I wish I had tried a pair of 24" wheels.
Loomis

Post by Loomis »

Hi, I have a steel framed Giro 20. Much modified over several years, mainly for lightness. The Euro seat and alloy forks saved the most, though a front disc put a little back. XO shifters, with X7 nine speed mech. Spa 28,38,48 triple on the front, with Shimano XT block on the back. Gearing is perfect for me and I use them all. Sadly, little used and the moment, as I feel increasingly vulnerable on the roads these days. I know I am probably safer than when on my road bikes, but I like to think I would be able to throw myself in a hedge more easily from the uprights, should the necessity arise. LOL! I hope the picture can be seen, I am losing my grip with the technical stuff these days.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=86394
Attachments
Giro 20 crop.JPG
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

Nice bike, but being a Bacchetta Strada rider I would say that. I'm 65yrs old and still loving my bike and it still scares following cars enough that I've never had any 'incidents' - keep cycling :D

Cheers Stradageek
IMG_1673-1.jpg
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

Pimped my ride!
Luggage:
and Mudguards

Mudguards were second hand (from this parish) and my LBS had to sort some alternative attachment for it. Bags direct from Arkel in Canada.
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
hercule

Post by hercule »

Arkel bags are excellent… I have a Tailrider rack back which lives on my Fuego. Very well made and lots of places to stuff things.
Greenbuilder

Post by Greenbuilder »

My Peer Gynt, with a newly fitted rear hub motor. It really helps up the hill
DSCN2647.JPG
Gee

Post by Gee »

Here’s my Steel Giro 20.

Attachments
B41AC718-7EF4-4A8A-B38A-341A4F928D77.jpeg
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Gee wrote: 1 Jan 2022, 8:58am Here’s my Steel Giro 20.

Elegantly simple -- looks fairly light too.
I am here. Where are you?
Gee

Post by Gee »

Cowsham wrote: 1 Jan 2022, 9:29am

It’s not bad, about 31 pounds, I usually overfill the brains box!! I’m on the lookout for another one, perhaps a high racer or a speedmachine.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Gee wrote: 1 Jan 2022, 4:52pm

It’s not bad, about 31 pounds, I usually overfill the brains box!! I’m on the lookout for another one, perhaps a high racer or a speedmachine.
The A26 looks nice too -- I like the two wheels the same size. I'd think a little better over the potholes if you happen to hit one.
Gee

Post by Gee »

Cowsham wrote: 1 Jan 2022, 5:50pm

The A26 looks nice too -- I like the two wheels the same size. I'd think a little better over the potholes if you happen to hit one.
Yes, I’m looking for something a bit quicker over lng distances for audax really.
Loomis

Post by Loomis »

How do you find running it without mudguards in the more inclement weather? I have always had them fitted on my Giro 20, as it looked to me to be the perfect instrument for coating the seat and the incumbent in grot. LOL! The factory guards, although effective, do exact a price with weight and wind resistance.
Gee

Post by Gee »

Loomis wrote: 1 Jan 2022, 8:07pm How do you find running it without mudguards in the more inclement weather? I have always had them fitted on my Giro 20, as it looked to me to be the perfect instrument for coating the seat and the incumbent in grot. LOL! The factory guards, although effective, do exact a price with weight and wind resistance.
I’ve got the guards on now. They’re very good. They will probably stay on unless I mess @bout with different wheels.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Gee wrote: 1 Jan 2022, 6:38pm
Cowsham wrote: 1 Jan 2022, 5:50pm

Yes, I’m looking for something a bit quicker over lng distances for audax really.
Is it a hard ride? ie is there enough flex in the frame to give you some comfort?