Pictures of your recumbent

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
nobrakes

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Post by nobrakes »

You have to stop posting these big wheel trike pics Marc, I am very close to pulling the trigger on two new ICE hubs and building a couple of 26 inch front wheels for my sprint!
Marc

Post by Marc »

Since you got a red Sprint 26, you might want to take a look at Jim Bolf's (RIP) gorgeous Sprint NT first :wink:

This is/was his website: https://sites.google.com/site/jbolf38/t ... ncher-rims
nobrakes

Post by nobrakes »

Jimbo’s trike looks really nice. I read through his site once, it had a lot of interesting stuff on it. Who has his trike now?
Marc

Post by Marc »

A Dutch friend of him, who is also a BROL member, got the trike now. I was really glad to hear it. Would have bin a shame if that trike ended up rotting away in some shed.
ONETAL

Pictures of your recumbent

Post by ONETAL »

My old VTX after respray standing on DIY work stand. The photos were taking in my workshop.
Attachments
IMG_20200821_121529.jpg
IMG_20200821_121303.jpg
IMG_20200821_121758.jpg
foreversummer

Post by foreversummer »

My HP Velotechnik Grasshopper FX folder, hubby and I both have one his has underseat steering, recently took them away in the car on holiday worked out great, nice bikes
Attachments
My HP Velotechnik Grasshopper FX
My HP Velotechnik Grasshopper FX
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

some good pictures on this German Velomobile site, home builds too. Sit back (as you would) with a cup of tea, and hit Google translate.

https://www.velomobilforum.de/forum/ind ... rad.47104/
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

Not my photo, but not my new-to-me bike

If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

belgiangoth wrote:Not my photo, but not my new-to-me bike
[pedant]How many wheels? :roll: [/pedant]
"42"
Marc

Post by Marc »

belgiangoth wrote:Not my photo, but not my new-to-me bike

Nice! Congratulations!
Marc

Post by Marc »

My new custom trike is finally ready to ride. Its build from a old 2012 ICE Vortex+ cruciform and a never used 2004 Trice Leader CroMo rear frame. Hence I call it the "Vortex-Leader". ;)

The old paint got stripped from the frame, its now glass-pearl blasted and nickel-plated (inside and out). At the front is a 2-speed Patterson Metropolis transmission (similar to a Schlumpf Speed drive) with glass-pearl blasted 155mm cranks.

The waterproof Rockbros frame bags (€25 at Ebay) fit nicely to the 2012 ICE hardshell seat, have 2x 3l volume and offer enough space for tools, spare tubes, battery for the front light and snacks.

Since the drop outs of the Trike Leader rear frame have the rear axle about 8cm lower than the current ICE rear frames, the steering geometry is severely altered and the trike is very squirrely with 20" front wheels. It has a near perfect steering geometry for 26" (or 700c) front wheels, though. I found a NOS set of 26", polished, Rigida DP22 rims and build a 3x 26" wheel set with black anodized, 90mm SA drum brake hubs and a black anodized, Felt 10mm trough axle rear hub with 160mm disk and Avid BB7.

I'm not entirely happy with the handle bars and still fiddle with some options.

https://etrike.wordpress.com/2020/11/23 ... eader-3x26
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

ONETAL wrote:My old VTX after respray standing on DIY work stand. The photos were taking in my workshop.

How well do you find those mudguards work?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
ONETAL

Post by ONETAL »

IMG_20210215_195427.jpg
IMG_20210215_195345.jpg

Hi Bob, Sorry for the late reply just seen your post. I made them my self, they worked OK apart from the computer and mirrors which were attached to the guards, they looked like they were pebble dashed after a ride in the rain. So went back to the drawing board came up with the ones in the photos. Also resprayed the frame again. But not had a chance to try them out because of lockdown rules.
ONETAL

Post by ONETAL »

Photo of the VTX with wheel disc covers, they cost me about £25 in total to make all 6 and a couple of hours of my time, that's about the price of 1 shop bought covers.
[attachment=0]IMG_20210219_094636.jpg[/attachment
Attachments
IMG_20210219_094636.jpg
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

OK - we need a how to thread for those...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.