Pictures of your recumbent

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
wjvh

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Post by wjvh »

Well, despite Squeaker's reservations I went ahead and put a Nuvinci n360 on my Grasshopper (see earlier post, not far back). Also replaced the old MEKS carbon sus fork with a rigid second hand rigid Bacchetta fork - so that is the weight compensated for. Will replace rear derailleur with a sprung single jockey wheel tensioner (already ordered) and the front double (60-42) with a single 48t chain ring. My thoughts and initial experience with the n360 described on one of the other forum threads in more detail.

Plenty more photos uploaded here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wjvh/sets/ ... 013082700/

10025886295_7f207d9941_o.jpg
Rob Archer

Post by Rob Archer »

How do you find the handling with the rigid fork compared to the old suspension fork? I'm thinking of doing the same on my StreetMachineGT.
wjvh

Post by wjvh »

Twitchy and probably too sensitive. It was twitchy anyway but the old sus forks probably deadened that to an extent - having spent the last 6 weeks on various upright bikes including a long day-ride it was felt quite odd to be back on the 'bent and the steering did feel too sensitive, but I find you quickly learn to compensate and it becomes the new norm. In terms of going from sus to rigid - makes no bloody difference which probably says more about the old forks than the new ones! There is plenty of natural flex in the stem anyway so I'm pleased with the change - not so please with my handiwork on the headset and I will have to look at that again.
Darzet

Post by Darzet »

Here is a picture of my Ice sprint 26 at Cricket StbThomas back in the summer.
Attachments
ice trike cricket st thomas 002.JPG
ice trike cricket st thomas 002.JPG (11.87 KiB) Viewed 7065 times
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

wjvh wrote:Twitchy and probably too sensitive. It was twitchy anyway but the old sus forks probably deadened that to an extent - having spent the last 6 weeks on various upright bikes including a long day-ride it was felt quite odd to be back on the 'bent and the steering did feel too sensitive, but I find you quickly learn to compensate and it becomes the new norm.
Did you compare the trail of the two forks?
"42"
Aushiker

Post by Aushiker »

My new ride, a LoGo Lightning P-38 (a copy of a Lightning P-38 built by LoGo Trikes).

Andrew
Neilo

Post by Neilo »

Atomic Zombie Warrior
A work in progress
Last edited by Neilo on 30 Dec 2013, 9:07pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it aint broke, fix it til it is.
BlackPanther

Post by BlackPanther »

Catrike 700 'R'.

Rainbow Lyner.
The photobucket images don't work !!!
Loomis

Post by Loomis »

Here is a picture of my Bacchetta Giro 20, looking out over rural Northumberland, half way round my favourite run. I have had the bike for nearly two years, after changing from my uprights for medical reasons. I have made a few mods; alloy forks to replace the cromo, XT rear cassette, 160 cranks form Spa Cycles and mudguards. The gears are now perfect for me and I use the full range, especially the lower ones on some of the demanding hill around here. The mods have made the bike more usable and comfortable. The ride is very relaxed. Sadly I am finding the balance between enjoyment and fear for safety is increasingly moving towards fear for me as time goes on, with drivers seemingly more aggressive and distracted, and I think I may throw in the towel this year. This will be a very sad decision for me, and one I will not take lightly, but I seem to come back from rides increasingly more relieved at having survived than the elation from a good ride.

hercule

Post by hercule »

Loomis wrote:Here is a picture of my Bacchetta Giro 20, looking out over rural Northumberland, half way round my favourite run. I have had the bike for nearly two years, after changing from my uprights for medical reasons. I have made a few mods; alloy forks to replace the cromo, XT rear cassette, 160 cranks form Spa Cycles and mudguards. The gears are now perfect for me and I use the full range, especially the lower ones on some of the demanding hill around here. The mods have made the bike more usable and comfortable. The ride is very relaxed. Sadly I am finding the balance between enjoyment and fear for safety is increasingly moving towards fear for me as time goes on, with drivers seemingly more aggressive and distracted, and I think I may throw in the towel this year. This will be a very sad decision for me, and one I will not take lightly, but I seem to come back from rides increasingly more relieved at having survived than the elation from a good ride.

You need a recumbent trike!

Seriously - I get far more elbow room on a trike than on a bike, recumbent or otherwise. My Fuego gets a bit more room than upright machines, but ANY trike I've ridden (upright or recumbent) gets most drivers slowing down and passing cautiously on the other side of the white line.
alant82

Post by alant82 »

hercule wrote:You need a recumbent trike!

Seriously - I get far more elbow room on a trike than on a bike, recumbent or otherwise. My Fuego gets a bit more room than upright machines, but ANY trike I've ridden (upright or recumbent) gets most drivers slowing down and passing cautiously on the other side of the white line.

+1 I almost felt a little guilty riding to work this morning on my trike as I saw in my mirror a large queue of vehicles building up behind me since nobody wants to pass me closely like they would if I were riding a bike.
Alan
ICE Sprint 26
Bacchetta Giro 26
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Don't feel guilty, that's how they should be bahving anyway
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Geoff.D

Post by Geoff.D »

alant82 wrote:
hercule wrote:You need a recumbent trike!

+1 I almost felt a little guilty riding to work this morning on my trike as I saw in my mirror a large queue of vehicles building up behind me since nobody wants to pass me closely like they would if I were riding a bike.

+1
I feel so much more secure on my trike, especially on the narrow steep lane, when I would be working hard to maintain forward motion in a straight line on my 2 wheeled 'bent. I get more respect anyway, but even so I can ride at a lower speed, securely and in a straight line. I still ride my 2 wheeler when I want to, but I choose accordingly.
Aushiker

Post by Aushiker »

My LoGo P-38 has a new addition, a AeroTrunk III from Angletech. Yet to get a feel for the performance increases but this is how it looks :)

Andrew
sandman

Post by sandman »

Just another Trike , own design and built to enable me to ride LTB and ride up the beacon which I did manage ( not bad for 64 and not in great health)

Marengo.jpg

regards John