Pictures of your recumbent

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
squeaker

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Post by squeaker »

Indeboat wrote:In my haste to build the trike i bought 20" rims and disc hubs from the USA ,but did not realise that there are two types of 20" rims :oops:
Bought stainless spokes from the UK and built the wheels
My rims are 451 ,but with the Schwalbe Durano tyres it works very well.
The seat closed cell foam is a bit on the hard side so i have removed small amounts from contact areas, also mounted the rear of the seat via a rubber shock absorber bush(works very well).

Nice work :) Now't wrong with 451 rims, especially with Durano's and no suspension ;) IIRC Speedys use rubber mounted seats too, so you are in good company 8)
"42"
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

451 is ok, less choice of tyre, but there is still choice.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Geoff.D

Post by Geoff.D »

Nice job. I'm impressed.

I'd be interested to know what idlers you used, since I have to replace mine sometime soon
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Geoff.D wrote:Nice job. I'm impressed.

I'd be interested to know what idlers you used, since I have to replace mine sometime soon

The "ultimate" idlers are the Terracycle ones through Icletta

However home made can be easy....

If you have the engineering skills then cutting a track on a skate board wheel is adequate, otherwise there are commercial ones available in all sorts of sizes
Geoff.D

Post by Geoff.D »

Cunobelin wrote:The "ultimate" idlers are the Terracycle ones through Icletta

However home made can be easy....

If you have the engineering skills then cutting a track on a skate board wheel is adequate, otherwise there are commercial ones available in all sorts of sizes

Thanks, Conobelin.
I've seen the price of the Terracycle ones.....ouch!
I've seen descriptions of how to make your own from skate board wheels, and had decided to do this.
But, on seeing the ones on the photo (which look commercially made), I was wondering about the source. Perhaps I'd better get googling.
Indeboat

Post by Indeboat »

Morning All and thanks for the comments. :D
The idlers are from ebay , item number 161037946598. £8.25 each free delivery.other sizes are available.
90mm Round Grove-nylon pulley C90-10B,as received they are a bit heavy and i took some off the sides and drilled a few holes in them.
They run extremely well and very quite.
Richard
Geoff.D

Post by Geoff.D »

Thanks, Richard. I'll certainly have a look.
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

Little and Large: my RANS Stratus XP and Titanium Brompton.
WP_20150523_025.jpg

riding the RANS.JPG
Last edited by UpWrong on 4 Jun 2015, 8:09pm, edited 6 times in total.
Joe.B

Post by Joe.B »

Here are a couple of photos of the Seiran taken on a short weekend camping trip around Loch Fyne, the Holy Loch and Loch Long.

ImageA short recumbent camping tour around the argyll sea lochs. by Joe.Audax, on Flickr

ImageA short recumbent camping tour around the argyll sea lochs. by Joe.Audax, on Flickr
Mikrobi

Post by Mikrobi »

Hi All
Flevo racer from Derby.
Attachments
Flevo racer BatBike
Flevo racer BatBike
hercule

Post by hercule »

Fuego with poppies

I've had this bike two years now... at the beginning after some unhappy starts I seriously thought of trading it in for another trike. Persistence has paid off, I now really like riding it. I occasionally daydream about carbon seats and lightweight air shocks but realise that bigger gains are to be made from refining the engine and just riding it.
[XAP]Bob

RaptoBike

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Note the mudguard strut (hoop style from an old guard) just nudging the rear of the tailbox off the tyre.

Cockpit view -the mirror is very convex, gives an excellent view - I suspect a flat mirror would have been quite poor here, as it is very close to my eyes.
Thumb operated brake levers, keeps the area nice and clear, and allows of lots of hand positioning, since there is nothing to avoid on the bars.
Garmin mount on the main tube - this is visible, but somewhat obscured by the brake levers, so it's fine for navigation by 'beep and check' - but isn't all that easy to check speeds if you are trying to push along a bit.

B&M Lyt mounted to the light mount, and Schlumpf HSD. I've taken the quick change arms off the cranks, because the right hand crank has lost some pedal threads and that pedal kept coming loose.
The Lyt is currently powered by a 9V battery in the tailbox, and has an old telephone wire carrying the power to the light, and back to the TopLight Plus Small mounted at the rear of the tailbox. The switch on the Lyt turns the front light on/off and the tail light on - it then runs on it's own standlight when the Lyt is off.
The pedals are nice one sided affairs, I might move them onto one of my other bikes and use a pair of pure SPDs on this.

The Toplight Plus Small, and mudguard strut, on the rear of the tailbox. The headrest has been replaced with an ICE neck rest, and that has a B&m slimline reflector attached by p clips - so it can turn out of the way to allow the boot to open.
The tailbox is mounted on spacers, to keep it about 7-8mm off the rear of the seat, this allows for the mounting hardware of the neck rest.
I have two new hubs, with disc mountings, to build up into wheels. The rear is a dynamo hub as well - to get the lights powered properly. I'm tempted to make that into a disc wheel if I can - I think it would look pretty nice :)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

Very nice. I'm impressed. What brake levers are you using?
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

I very nearly bought a Stratus some years ago when looking at at replacement for the Trice

However I bought a Catrike, mainly because I could try it out

The Kettwiesel was (in some ways) a return to my early long wheelbase days with the Linear

I still have a soft spot for the Stratus and may be tempted in future