Pictures of your recumbent

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
User avatar
NUKe
Posts: 3847
Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 11:07pm
Location: Suffolk

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Postby NUKe » 19 Jul 2019, 3:09pm

Looks Good ONETAL
NUKe
_____________________________________

paul_n
Posts: 3
Joined: 31 Jul 2019, 7:12am

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Postby paul_n » 31 Jul 2019, 9:24pm

Hi all

I have built a couple Python trike’s , this is the Mk1.

Image

Been riding it for about 1000 miles a year for 6 years now.

It has been to Holland 3 times towing a trailer with camping gear.

I was to build a Mk2 however so far I have only got the rear half finished , so coupled to the Mk1 front gives the Mk1.5 ?

Image

This has been to Holland once so far and the rear is now big enough for the camping gear so no trailer whoo !

I also ride this 2 wheeler :-

Image

A Oke-Ja with the markings removed for some reason ?

all the best Paul

swscotland bentrider
Posts: 217
Joined: 3 Aug 2008, 4:38pm

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Postby swscotland bentrider » 17 Sep 2019, 5:03pm

Surprised there weren't more Fuego's on here. Heres my latest, my third! And some (only some, mind!) of the other recumbents that I've owned.
Image Attachments
P1000720.JPG
P1020963.JPG
P1010500.JPG
P1010512.JPG

neil earley
Posts: 37
Joined: 4 Nov 2010, 2:32pm

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Postby neil earley » 18 Sep 2019, 12:42am

Nice colour on fuego ,so which bars do you prefer

Trikeyohreilly
Posts: 414
Joined: 16 Dec 2010, 6:06pm

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Postby Trikeyohreilly » 18 Sep 2019, 1:27pm

My old, but good ICE T/HD mongrel. Whatever I throw at her she just says "and! what next? Get going"
Image Attachments
20190914_085301.jpg

Campag
Posts: 24
Joined: 2 Dec 2018, 8:04pm

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Postby Campag » 18 Sep 2019, 2:39pm

My first recumbent was a second hand Kingcycle, about 3 years ago. Since then a couple of quite rare vintage recumbents, made by Aerobikes (a small scale builder in Edinburgh). And most recently a new bike, using a Velomotion framekit from Poland and built up with various components either already in the spares box, or bought new.

ImageWind Turbines by Dave Sharpe, on Flickr

ImageTailbox side view by Dave Sharpe, on Flickr

ImageNovember 2018 version by Dave Sharpe, on Flickr

ImageVelomotion at Wark bridge by Dave Sharpe, on Flickr

UpWrong
Posts: 909
Joined: 31 May 2009, 12:16pm
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Postby UpWrong » 24 Sep 2019, 10:06pm

My RANS Stratus XP with Windwrap WERX fairing and 20" front wheel fitted to the 26" fork.The fairing improves the aerodynamics and keeps the rain and wind off. The power side of the chain runs straight from ring to sprocket, the bottom bracket is well braced and the rear end has lateral stiffness with a degree of vertical compliance. It's a most excellent design but no longer made.
IMG_20190915_134610.jpg

IMG_20190915_134518.jpg

IMG_20190915_134431.jpg

firedfromthecircus
Posts: 265
Joined: 23 Jan 2012, 7:50pm

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Postby firedfromthecircus » 25 Sep 2019, 2:41pm

Gotta love a LWB!

Why did you change to the 20" front wheel?

When you said they no longer make them I had to take a look at the Rans site to see what they do still make and I see two Stratus models still listed, the XP and the LE. Are they set for the chop?

UpWrong
Posts: 909
Joined: 31 May 2009, 12:16pm
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Postby UpWrong » 26 Sep 2019, 10:18pm

firedfromthecircus wrote:Gotta love a LWB!

Why did you change to the 20" front wheel?

When you said they no longer make them I had to take a look at the Rans site to see what they do still make and I see two Stratus models still listed, the XP and the LE. Are they set for the chop?


Having the 20" wheel reduces trail and greatly reduces the previously excessive fork-flop. The bike is more manageable and I haven't noticed a downside.

RANS is under new ownership and not commissioning the Taiwan production builds anymore. Looks like they only have the XL size Stratus XP in stock, but still have LE models in stock. I think all production is now small numbers in-house: crank-forwards, tandems and the new LWB Phoenix with a 20"/700c version in development.

StevieB
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 Dec 2019, 7:47pm

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Postby StevieB » 27 Dec 2019, 7:58pm

Hi All, first post. I'm a MTBer, road cyclist and well, have a tonne of bikes but really wanted a recumbent for many many years. Eventually one popped up on Gumtree and it was very cheap but a long way away (about 250 miles from Reading, in Norfolk). Anyway I collected it and rode it for a couple of years and have now decided to modify it, longer and carbon forks (frame is aluminium, need more lightness!), deep section carbon wheels from my shed, planning to change the seating position and the steering to more conventional long handlebars and the more difficult bit, changing the pedalling position so I can lie flatter. As you can see it's an older style semi recumbent that I'd now like to make more err, recumbent. I have a friend who can do the aluminium welding, now just mocking up potential end results. I love riding it but would just like it to be a bit faster. Will probably add a basic fairing too.
Steve
Image Attachments
recumbenth.png
Recumbent.jpg
IMG_4220.jpg

nobrakes
Posts: 13
Joined: 9 Jan 2020, 10:17am

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Postby nobrakes » 10 Jan 2020, 8:52am

Thought I'd post a picture of this one as you don't see many around in the UK.

This is our Nazca Quetzal, a quick stop at the top of the hill out of Lochranza on Arran.

ImageArran tandem trip by No Brakes, on Flickr

pn_day
Posts: 3
Joined: 3 Mar 2020, 8:28am

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Postby pn_day » 10 Mar 2020, 8:28am

Hi all,

I'm new to this board - but occasionally post on BROL as well.

This is my rather shabby, but very comfortable, Alligt Alleweder A4. This is my first recumbent, bought from a chap from BHPC without previously having tried any, while recovering from a cycling-related broken clavicle (and without prior wifely approval). It took quite a lot of tinkering before I fitting in comfortably!

Phil, from just outside St Andrews.

Alleweder_3March_2020.jpg

A rare glimpse of the sun - dusk in early March

firedfromthecircus
Posts: 265
Joined: 23 Jan 2012, 7:50pm

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Postby firedfromthecircus » 11 Apr 2020, 1:04pm

pn_day wrote:Hi all,

I'm new to this board - but occasionally post on BROL as well.

This is my rather shabby, but very comfortable, Alligt Alleweder A4. This is my first recumbent, bought from a chap from BHPC without previously having tried any, while recovering from a cycling-related broken clavicle (and without prior wifely approval). It took quite a lot of tinkering before I fitting in comfortably!

Phil, from just outside St Andrews.

Alleweder_3March_2020.jpg
A rare glimpse of the sun - dusk in early March


Awesome!
It was a random picture of one of these on the internet that got me into recumbents in the first place. Would still love to have one!

UpWrong
Posts: 909
Joined: 31 May 2009, 12:16pm
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Postby UpWrong » 11 Apr 2020, 9:47pm

My AZUB T-Tris 20. I've added a mirror and bottle cage mount recently and moved the bell. The chain sags a bit in the small-small combo here because the X9 RD can't cope with the 46T capacity that is being asked of it. A shadow RD would be able to cope but extends beyond the rim of the rear wheel. I might still reverse the brake levers and get rid of the cable loops but it's not a priority and the cables currently route through the bars after looping which is quite nice.
IMG_20200411_172539.jpg

IMG_20200411_172435.jpg

IMG_20200411_172410.jpg

IMG_20200411_172300.jpg

IMG_20200411_172242.jpg

nigelnightmare
Posts: 658
Joined: 19 Sep 2016, 10:33pm

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Postby nigelnightmare » 19 Apr 2020, 1:32pm

UpWrong wrote:My AZUB T-Tris 20. I've added a mirror and bottle cage mount recently and moved the bell. The chain sags a bit in the small-small combo here because the X9 RD can't cope with the 46T capacity that is being asked of it. A shadow RD would be able to cope but extends beyond the rim of the rear wheel. I might still reverse the brake levers and get rid of the cable loops but it's not a priority and the cables currently route through the bars after looping which is quite nice.
IMG_20200411_172539.jpg
IMG_20200411_172435.jpg
IMG_20200411_172410.jpg
IMG_20200411_172300.jpg
IMG_20200411_172242.jpg


If you reverse the brake levers you WILL have to get a new left hand one and a Front derailleur lever because you wont be able to operate the current one as it will be on the outside!
Also the twist grip gears are more difficult to operate when gripped with your pinky & ring fingers instead of thumb, index & forefinger, especially when wet/cold.
HTH