Too good to keep in "Non-Standard"

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Cunobelin

Too good to keep in "Non-Standard"

Postby Cunobelin » 3 Aug 2008, 6:07pm

Originally posted on BROL by "CFFB", byt too good not to repost here:

Unusual bikes

cranky

Postby cranky » 3 Aug 2008, 6:32pm

Superb :!:
Iain

Ridgeback Genesis Day 2
Surly Long Haul Trucker

PW

Postby PW » 3 Aug 2008, 6:43pm

Chariots pulled by tandem - add the Ben Hur bladed wheels & just the job for city commuting. :wink:
That rowing bike looked fun too.
If at first you don't succeed - cheat!!

cranky

Postby cranky » 3 Aug 2008, 6:48pm

Not at all in keeping with your post but one of my favorites from the tube... Extreme Commuter
Iain

Ridgeback Genesis Day 2

Surly Long Haul Trucker

thirdcrank

Postby thirdcrank » 3 Aug 2008, 7:50pm

You just can't please some people; they campaign for a section of the forum dedicated to non-standard cycles, then, when the definitive footage of non-standard cycles appears, they want to post it somewhere else. :roll:

:wink:

DaveP

Postby DaveP » 4 Aug 2008, 1:27am

I'm afraid I agree with the OP. Its far too good to allow folk to miss it by locating it in one of the less travelled areas.
However, the "Moved" link should do the job :lol:

I'm really taken by the small wheel recumbents. Why didnt they make a comeback? Folding pedals and a convenient way to align the bars with the front wheel is all you'd need for a simple and convenient commuter! Bye Bye Brompton!

Cunobelin

Postby Cunobelin » 4 Aug 2008, 6:52am

DaveP wrote:I'm afraid I agree with the OP. Its far too good to allow folk to miss it by locating it in one of the less travelled areas.
However, the "Moved" link should do the job :lol:

I'm really taken by the small wheel recumbents. Why didnt they make a comeback? Folding pedals and a convenient way to align the bars with the front wheel is all you'd need for a simple and convenient commuter! Bye Bye Brompton!

Or just convert a Brompton?

thirdcrank

Postby thirdcrank » 4 Aug 2008, 7:22am

I think my favourite on the archive stuff was the two people, each with a large wheel with pedals and not much else. My first thought was that it would eliminate all the Q's about alloy vs. steel vs carbon vs titanium; handlebars; gear mechs; chains slipping; bottom bracket spindles; BUT you would still be left with how to fit a pannier rack; how to get one on a train; which was the best gear, although this would combine with discussions about wheel size, which makes me realise there would still be plenty of issues 'around' wheels.

mhara

Postby mhara » 4 Aug 2008, 7:38am

I agree that calling our attention to this was welcome and fun.

BUT - it should have been moved to The Tea Room - not here.
May I suggest a relocation please?