Why would I ride anything else?

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
CW

Why would I ride anything else?

Post by CW »

Yesterday I went out for a ride on my Trice Q. 75 miles of A roads and country lanes.
Not one passing car,van or anything with a motor fitted came within arms length of me.
Had several waves from passing motorists and plently from pedestrians. On the main street in Olney I stopped to turn right and an oncoming driver stopped and waved me across. Only had one negative remark from a grunt in a chav mobile who had trouble stringing 3 words together. He did make me smile.

No I wasn`t dreaming.
How wonderful it is to ride a trike! :D
Chris
Biscuit

Post by Biscuit »

No horses then :) (see other thread)! Shame about the Chav' :roll: . However, altho' there's been a spike in productivity lately, I'm sure 'evolution'/natural selection will sort it out properly in the end. And if you dont believe in 'Darwin' then the Supreme omnipotent one (INSERT DEITIES NAME HERE or leave blank if it cannot be uttered) will eventually get around to smiting them a mighty blow with some form of lightening charged staff.......

Still better to be 'grunted at' by a chav than run a tyre thro' dog poo hmmm let me think ....... or is it? :)

Back on thread where'ish was your route? Sounds fab'. Havent been out on mine for an age now ........
CW

Post by CW »

Biscuit..Rode from Corby to Salcey Forest via Thrapston, Rushden then onto Olney. Did have a meeting with a pair of horses at Salcey. They were so highly strung, that I had to pull over and stand up. Any how they eventually went past.
From Salcey headed into Northampton then back home. Very enjoyable ride.
Chris
Boycie

Post by Boycie »

Nice one Chris. I did see your reply on the other forum, by the way. I entirely agree with you. My ride was great. Funnily enuff, my experiences with horse throughout the day were the same as yours. I had read just days before about the standing up thing. and tried it. It worked perfectly. The horse coming my way, on the space af 1/2 a second, went from jigging about across the carriageway, to walking perfectly calmly!!! Bizarre. I had to do the same thing twice more in the ride, same result.

THe wife and I went out last evening for an hour, and everyone, including the chavs, were waving, smiling, and tooting. A group of teenage girls shouted across about how 'cool' they though the trikes were, and they wanted one. My wife, having turned fifty last week, was gratified to be cosidered 'cool'!!!

RIde on

Phil
Phil