trike problem

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
sebowyer

trike problem

Post by sebowyer »

Hi chaps,
I bought my Thorax Sinus 2006 (sounds like an illness but is in fact an unsuspended trike, most similar to a Trice Q) about a year ago. Recently, it has developed two problems. One is that the spiral grips for the chain guard has come adrift and the chain guard now shoots forward and gets mashed in the front gears. It's currently taped into place, but I was wondering where I buy those spirally things. Anyone know?
Second problem is harder to describe. Basically, whenever I pedal it sounds like I have Spokey Dokeys in the wheels, and my feet buzz. When I'm freewheeling it's fine. Problem started at the weekend and developed over the course of about three miles. By the time I got home, it was almost unrideable. It happens in all gears and is related directly to the speed that the pedals go round. It's really, really rough. I haven't had a proper look at it yet, so it might be simple, but I thought I'd ask here in case someone has already had this problem and knows the fix.

Cheers!

[i]<Mod: small amendment to name of topic to make it clearer>[/i]
Cunobelin

Re: trice problem

Post by Cunobelin »

The noise sounds to me like a displaced chain.

Many trikes have an idler thet directs the chain run. If this is damaged or the chain misplaced then each link wil rub or connecvt hence the buzz and vibration to the feet as the chain transfers the peroblem to the cranks.
squeaker

Re: trice problem

Post by squeaker »

Noise due to displaced chain tube?
"42"
sebowyer

Re: trike problem

Post by sebowyer »

Hi and thanks to all who replied. I'll try your suggestions this weekend and hopefully will have a buzz-free trike next week!