stopped by police

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Dale08

stopped by police

Post by Dale08 »

out on my trice today when the police pulled me over,he said "you should have something bright at the back, because being low down drivers might not see you" :evil: I said do mean instead of the 6foot luminous green flag iv got,if drivers cant see something that is 5ft long.3ft wide and 6ft high do you think they should be driving? he said he was only saying and drove off :lol:
Cyclists Do It Silently
[XAP]Bob

Re: stopped by police

Post by [XAP]Bob »

So presumably the white lines on the roads all need flags and lights?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
markg0vbr

Post by markg0vbr »

i got pulled over on tour this year the police man wanted to know if it was legal for me to ride down a duel carriageway?
i passed two df bikes on the same road when he was following they passed us while we wear chatting, he was going on about having a hazard warning spinning light on the back, " you mean like grass cutters and class 3 mobility scooters need to go on a duel carriageway?", "yes; i dont think you are braking any law so i will let you get on then". :roll:
Phil_Lee

Post by Phil_Lee »

markg0vbr wrote:i got pulled over on tour this year the police man wanted to know if it was legal for me to ride down a duel carriageway?
i passed two df bikes on the same road when he was following they passed us while we wear chatting, he was going on about having a hazard warning spinning light on the back, " you mean like grass cutters and class 3 mobility scooters need to go on a duel carriageway?", "yes; i dont think you are braking any law so i will let you get on then". :roll:

To which the answer is that it's absolutely legal, but it's pretty damned dangerous to be stopping traffic on it to ask stupid questions :)
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

I got pulled over by a WPC in Southampton during the SkyRide.

She wanted to have a try and left her Smith and Wesson (bicycle) and her colleague as security, then did a circuit on it!
byegad

Post by byegad »

Police officers are human and make mistakes too. This one demonstrated the usual 'worry' about being seen. I wonder how many open top sports cars he pulls over for the same reason?? :D
"I thought of that while riding my bike." -Albert Einstein, on the Theory of Relativity

2007 ICE QNT
2008 Hase Kettwiesel AL27
2011 Catrike Trail
1951 engine
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

This is recycling one of my posts from another thead:
IIRC One of the criticisms of the police following the death of Marie Vesco was that a traffic constable who had seen the group of cyclists on the busy dual carriageway (A 23?) had not intervened to warn them of the dangers and to alert them to the existence of an alternative route. IIRC, a detailed complaint to the IPCC was made about a number of aspects of the conduct of the police, including this. OTOH, and also IIRC, somebody posted on one of the threads about Marie Vesco's death that they would not want the police feeling obliged to stop cyclists on main roads.
byegad

Post by byegad »

Good point!

That said i regularly ride short stretches of Dual Carriage way, as the only alternative to not riding at all. And would not be over impressed if I were pulled over on these. However there are also D/Cs I wouldn't rie on for a gold watch and extra pension! I wonder what the one in the OP is like?
"I thought of that while riding my bike." -Albert Einstein, on the Theory of Relativity

2007 ICE QNT
2008 Hase Kettwiesel AL27
2011 Catrike Trail
1951 engine
Dale08

Post by Dale08 »

The road i was on was fairly quiet b road :D
Cyclists Do It Silently