recumbent riders where are we...

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Geoff.D

Re: recumbent riders where are we...

Post by Geoff.D »

Cunobelin wrote:Lee Cooper?

Wasn't that the Nigel Frost (Director of London Recumbents) sponsored copy of the Ryan / Radius long wheelbase models called the "Spirit?

Lee Cooper is a frame builder from Ryton-on-Dunsmore, just south of Coventry. He builds bespoke frames, and he shows his work on his website. He also builds (or did do) frames for other makers, such as Bob Jackson. http://customcycleframes.blogspot.co.uk/. he built a one-off recumbent for himself in the mid-nineties, modelled on the geometries of the Crystal Engineering recumbent of that time. When he put it up for sale on ebay about 8 years ago, I snapped it up

I posted details of it on the Thread "Pictures of your recumbent" Page 13 http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=15204&start=180. The photo wasn't that good and I'd modified the bike since buying it (OSS instead of USS, and hub brakes). But, I still have it, and ride it regularly. And it's heaps of fun. Steady as a rock. Battered, Bruised. But, alive and kicking.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

My apologies, I ran a search, but missed that photo
c0d3x42

Post by c0d3x42 »

HPV grasshopper, saaaf London
BlackPanther

Post by BlackPanther »

The photobucket images don't work !!!
Vangelo

Post by Vangelo »

Would love to meet other recumbent riders in my area: Rushden, Northants.

Bikes include:
High Racer Performance
Slyway Explorer
HP SpeedMachine
seldomseen

Post by seldomseen »

Optima Baron Newbie, frequent faller. Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
dkmwt

Post by dkmwt »

Still in Plymouth, now with a Qnt 26 and a B1
Cheers, Donald
Trice "Qnt 26" 26/39/55 F 10sp 11/36 R, now with Windwrap fairing.
ICE B1 34/50 F Capreo 9/32 R.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dkmwt/78674512/
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1188814973
Edditee

Post by Edditee »

In Stroud, currently with two Street Machines and a Challenge Seiran, rationalization (and space) required!

Laid-back forum users might like to post their whereabouts on http://www.recumbent-world.com
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

The latest addition to my stable.

Rohloff equipped Kettwiesel on its first outing in the New Forest

MuirSR

Post by MuirSR »

Very nice, Cunobelin! I hope you're enjoying it.

Is that the Radical bag on the back of the seat?

(Also, have you noticed the holes for mounting water bottle holders on the seat supports? — contrary to the review in Cycle not so long ago, which said the Kettwiesel has no provision for fitting bottle holders.)
Vjock

Post by Vjock »

Lovely pics. Why the cemetery? Big apple tyres?. Front rack great for lifting front of bike when moving it about. I also confirm water bottle holders there. I use holes on other side for cycle pump.
How was the ride? Not been on mine for a few weeks as on tandem while on holidays. Not sorted correct bike rack and/or trailer yet.
Vjock
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Sorry for the delay in replying .... other things going on.

The cemetery was simply an opportunity - I love historic churches and had been taking pictures of sculptures and roof bosses

The camera was out and seemed appropriate.

It is the Radical Design bag.

I have used their stuff for bout ten years (original Cyclone trailer, and sidepods). I find it more practicable for days out than the Ortlieb one. I also have a Carradice saddlebag which fits well

As for the ride, it was superb, winding Forest roads are made for recumbents.

It is an alternative to the other trikes as it feels lighter and more sporty. There is also a nostalgia as the long wheelbase takes me way back to my first recumbent, a LWB Linear in 1990
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

It's a fine looking trike. Have to say I'm tempted by the Kett having had a few tadpoles. Just fancy something different I guess. With the advent of 10 speed 11-36 cassettes I would like to try that in combination with a Schlumpf Mountain Drive, not sure if an 11-36 cassette is compatible with a medium cage rear derailleur though, and I guess a long cage would be in danger of getting knocked.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Fairly long cage on an ICE trike, and it clears the ground, the kett isn't gping to tile, so I assume it would habe similar (narrow) clearance at it's lowest.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Rob Archer

Post by Rob Archer »

It was nice to see your Kettwiesel 'in the flesh' in Norfolk this week. It's a great looking machine and I'm sorely tempted to look at one. Trouble is, I like my Streetmachine too much and haven't got the space, cash or justification for another 'bent!