recumbent riders where are we...

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Aushiker

Re: recumbent riders where are we...

Post by Aushiker »

Fremantle, Western Australia ... Bacchetta Giro 26/20

Andrew
lukehall

Post by lukehall »

Ice QNT
Cambridge
binka

Post by binka »

Ice Sprint.

Lincoln.
Specialized Tricross
Ice Sprint
Trikeyohreilly

Post by Trikeyohreilly »

Maidstone, Kent.

Bike E (For sale)
HPV Street Machine GT (about 11 years old)
HPV Street Machine GTe (not yet built up, 3 weeks old)
Vjock

Post by Vjock »

Hase kett with rohloff and diff x2 for him and her!
Hase kett with mountain drive for eldest boy
Hase trets youngest boy
Thorn explorer tandem
Various Isla bikes
Specialized hard rick and globe
Hand picked pick n mix road bike
Strida 3 folder

Large bike shed!!!!

The chilterns
Vjock
KMason

Post by KMason »

I live in South Shropshire, riding a Crystal Orbit.
Kazzaroo

Post by Kazzaroo »

I live in the Cotswolds and I have a ICE Adventure....Does anyone live near me? I would love to have some other riders to hit the trails with :D
Geoff.D

Post by Geoff.D »

Kazzaroo wrote:I live in the Cotswolds and I have a ICE Adventure....Does anyone live near me? I would love to have some other riders to hit the trails with :D

I've been in Long Compton for a year now, Kazzaroo. Recently retired, and busy exploring the Cotswolds, amongst other things. Firstly it was on my swb Lee Cooper 'bent, but more recently on my ICE RS. Loving it. Would enjoy meeting up.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

OOPS...

I seem to have added a Rohloff and differential equipped Kettwiesel to my stable!

All I have to do now is wait for the delivery
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

Nice :D So what prompted the purchase of a Kett? Fancied something different or is there functionality you want that you don't get with your tadpole(s)?

P.S. Did you order the umbrella fairing? I've had thoughts of a Kett with one of those as an all-weather vehicle.
hercule

Post by hercule »

Very impressed. I've had two Ketts, one late model steel one and my current 27-speed+diff aluminium one. The Rohloff+diff always struck me as the perfect one: the diff makes a big difference on loose surfaces and in climbing, the Rohloff eliminates the potential problem of the rear mech dangling under the rear axle - I bent one mech and have been more careful since!

I would recommend the Radical Design seat back bag for the Kett: expensive, but it fits perfectly and is very capacious whilst allowing the trike to sit up on its tail for storage. I tried several other options (including a Carradice saddle bag and hanging an Ortlieb pannier off the seat rails) but the Radical bag works best.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

UpWrong wrote:Nice :D So what prompted the purchase of a Kett? Fancied something different or is there functionality you want that you don't get with your tadpole(s)?

P.S. Did you order the umbrella fairing? I've had thoughts of a Kett with one of those as an all-weather vehicle.

At £800 including the bag and poncho, the "fairing" is way overpriced.

Basically, I am getting old!

I fractured a few bones, including hip and pelvis about 20 years ago and the arthritis is setting in, so I want to be able to add electrics for the "bad days".

To do this with the Gekko, or Catrike would have to be rear wheel driven and this would remove the Rohloff, and I do not want to do that. The a second hand KEttwiesel came up on here and the possibility of a front wheel drive occurred.Research showed that it was an ideal for this adaption. Also the higher seat (and thanks to Oliver at London Recumbents) the "side saddle" mount it is an excellent addition to the stable

Due to various reasons the Kettwiesel was not being sold. So I went to London Recumbents and after a very helpful and informative session put down the deposit
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Geoff.D wrote:
Kazzaroo wrote:I live in the Cotswolds and I have a ICE Adventure....Does anyone live near me? I would love to have some other riders to hit the trails with :D

I've been in Long Compton for a year now, Kazzaroo. Recently retired, and busy exploring the Cotswolds, amongst other things. Firstly it was on my swb Lee Cooper 'bent, but more recently on my ICE RS. Loving it. Would enjoy meeting up.

Lee Cooper?

Wasn't that the Nigel Frost (Director of London Recumbents) sponsored copy of the Ryan / Radius long wheelbase models called the "Spirit?
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

Sounds good. The Kett looks great with a streamer fairing on it anyway if you want to add some weather protection.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

I have a ZZipper, Streamer, Windrwrap XT,and GX all of which which may be "botchable"