Folding delta?

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
[XAP]Bob

Folding delta?

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Looking at the Hase range I can't see if any of their deltas fold (or compact in any other way)

I'd have thought it would be really easy to make them either telescope or fold, yet this isn't mentioned. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Part of my reasoning is that it could be an excellent "train" system, the back end could pass as a wheelchair...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
hercule

Re: Folding delta?

Post by hercule »

The Lepus folds in the sense that the rear, suspended axle, can be swung under the trike, and the seat can be flipped forward over the boom. I'd think it would still make a large package, though, and it's not a light machine. The Kettwiesel doesn't fold but you can 'shrink' it by sliding in the boom, and sitting on its tail it takes up very little room indeed. The latest versions have quick release rear wheels, but I would think that would leave the transmission rather exposed and vulnerable.
Tigerbiten

Post by Tigerbiten »

Have a look at the Velorian Recumbent Trike
Front wheel drive and mid steer, which solves the problem of the chain and the steering linkages when folded.
I'm not to sure I'd like to try it at any type of speed but it does fold as small as a tadpole.
jayjay

Post by jayjay »

NIce modern style on the Velorian, but I would not like to be aboard on a corner at all, unless that seat leans inward at an extreme angle. Look where the centre of gravity is relative to the wheels :shock:
Built f' comfort.
zoxed

Post by zoxed »

hercule wrote:The Lepus folds...and the seat can be flipped forward over the boom...

The seat on my Kett flips forwards, after undoing the 2 QR supports and removing them (<2mins ?).