Suitable Recumbent Clothing

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
fbs

Re: Suitable Recumbent Clothing

Post by fbs »

Pockets need zips, all too easy to put phone / car keys in pockets. You then adopt the low down position :) and lose keys to brand new car, in middle of nowhere. Luckily passing motorist found them and handed back.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

fbs wrote:Pockets need zips, all too easy to put phone / car keys in pockets. You then adopt the low down position :) and lose keys to brand new car, in middle of nowhere. Luckily passing motorist found them and handed back.

My first test ride ended with me one wallet down. With driving license (and hence address) and car key!
Fortunately the couple who found it phoned the police.

I went back the next day to pick it up from them :oops:
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
PaulCumbria

Post by PaulCumbria »

When recumbent touring I've always tied my wallet to a belt loop or D ring on my trews - it means you can't lose it while riding, leave it on a counter by mistake, or tempt locals to pinch it.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Don't give up on Craghoppers!

Their Kiwi Stretch Pro are by far the best trousers I have come cross and the crops are even better.

There is a rear pocket but it is well covered enough not to be a problem

.. and about £20 from Debenhams outlets of TKMaxx