ICE mesh seat tubing...

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
[XAP]Bob

ICE mesh seat tubing...

Postby [XAP]Bob » 7 May 2013, 11:23am

Hmm - I wonder what the easiest way would be to pop an extension into one side, and then little handlebar, just for pushing the trike to school, whilst MiniBob steers...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

CW

Re: ICE mesh seat tubing...

Postby CW » 7 May 2013, 5:47pm

I`ve put a lighting pole in the end of the seat tubing , which also doubles as an easy way to push/pull the trike. Using 22mm copper pipe. I had to put a cut a single slit in the end of the pipe running along the axis for as far as I wanted the pipe to go into the seat tube. This due to the pipe being over sized and it squeezed together when fitted. I used a single self tapping screw to keep in place.
It has been on for a few years. But I don`t think it would stand up to regular use as a handle even with a young one aboard
Hope it gives you an idea. Perhaps heavier gauge aluminium
Chris

[XAP]Bob

Postby [XAP]Bob » 7 May 2013, 6:34pm

Be a shame if it's not seatpost sized, or stem sized, but needs must...

Or maybe headset adaptors....
I ought to measure it, shame I don't have vernier callipers or similar...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Elizabethsdad

Postby Elizabethsdad » 8 May 2013, 1:50pm

You could always try contacting ICE, given their level of customer service they might make something up for you for the fun of it.

[XAP]Bob

Postby [XAP]Bob » 8 May 2013, 1:52pm

WaterLab Rat wrote:You could always try contacting ICE, given their level of customer service they might make something up for you for the fun of it.

Now that is an idea I hadn't thought of...

I shall take a photo or two...

notme2

Postby notme2 » 8 May 2013, 7:18pm

ICE should be able to adapt a seat adjuster for short or tall riders to give an 18 inch side rail to enable you to push from behind and stay in the track of the trike
Wrap it with bar tape for comfort
or you could try the bar bag attachment in another orientation