Recumbent tailbox

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
JohnBug

Recumbent tailbox

Post by JohnBug »

Having acquired a slightly used Raptobike (thank you Squeaker), I'd like to get some more luggage capacity and aerodynamics.

I have for a while thought it'd be nice to strap a Velokraft VK2 tailbox onto a lowracer, but they seem to have disappeared. Does anyone know what's happened / and/or will they re-appear?

Novosport seem the only other source of such things online, does anyone have experience with their boxes?

Are there any other sources of such thing (trouble with a niche pursuit)?

Failing all that, is anyone looking to sell a lowracer tailbox?

Cheers

JohnB
CW

Re: Recumbent tailbox

Post by CW »

When I had my Raptobike I got a tail box from http://oceancycle.co.uk/. He sometimes puts items on ebay but I bought it direct
Chris
forlorn hope

Post by forlorn hope »

I have tried a few times to contact ocean cycles about a hard shell seat without reply.
Anyone know if he is still trading?
Trice S 700cc
Optima baron
CW

Post by CW »

forlorn hope wrote:I have tried a few times to contact ocean cycles about a hard shell seat without reply.
Anyone know if he is still trading?

When I got my tailbox the initial contact was through ebay, thereon their email. That was 2yrs ago. No problem.
Must admit I was very disappointed early last year, sent him a series of emails enquiring about their velo. No reply to any and all.
It was his loss and my gain as I bought Mango velo. But it lost them a possible sale. They did have a display at the NEC cycle show later on in the year.

This may be an alternative http://www.recumbentparts.com/cat/0/79/ ... rings.html
They also do hard shell seats. Never ordered from them, so don`t know what they are like service wise
Chris
hercule

Post by hercule »

Optima (recumbentparts.com) give good service, quick delivery from NL, though delivery (in common with other Dutch companies) can be a bit pricey. I've ordered a few bits and pieces from them over the last few years. They sell frames too, if you fancy building a Baron from bits!
JohnBug

Post by JohnBug »

Thank you for your responses.

Recumbent parts looks like it might be a good bet. The "Luggagebox Stinger" looks a little larger than the raindrop, which might be a little small for all my junk. I'll have to ask them if they think it's compatible wit ha Raptobike.

Cheers.
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

You could try asking David at Laid Back Bikes where he got this one from. (Pic is from a Dave McGraw review of the Fuego.)

Recumbent parts are OK for bits (apart from the shipping costs) - that's where the front wheel on your Rapto came from.
"42"