Great Mirror for Bents

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
kingrollo

Great Mirror for Bents

Post by kingrollo »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009 ... UTF8&psc=1

This arrived this morning - first impressions are this is brilliant mirror - Ive mounted it pretty high - the stem is really bendy - just cycling up the road I can see all wots behind me - the mirror also adjusts within its cup (like a a car mirror) - not the cheapest @ £18 - but does seem a really good mirror...
[XAP]Bob

Re: Great Mirror for Bents

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Looks good - does the mirror stay put? does it suffer from extra vibration all the way "out there"
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
kingrollo

Post by kingrollo »

Well it didn't on todays ride...

About 24 seconds up the road and back......!!!
kingrollo

Post by kingrollo »

well two longer rides - and it hasn't wobbled out of place yet....

My only slight concern is I get a great view right down the road - but so sure about stuff that right on my shoulder ? - do I need a 2nd mirror a close mirror ?
Rob Archer

Post by Rob Archer »

I've just got one and ridden about 50 miles on Norfolk roads and it's solid as a rock. It sticks out quite a bit further than the cyclestar mirror I used previously which can be a pain with cycle path barriers but it seems that cars give me a wider berth! The only other issue is that it covers quite a wide angle which means cars further away than about 50 metres aren't easy to see in daylight.

On the whole though, a good bit of kit.
byegad

Post by byegad »

I use a variety of mirrors on my trikes. Each one having a left and right mounted mirror, plus I use a glasses mounted mirror. The fixed ones tend to give a good general view, rather like a car's door mirrors, while the glasses mounted one gives a 180 degree view to the rear with a bit of head turning. I'd not ride without the glasses mirror as looking over my shoulder gives me a great view of the tarmac next to my rear wheel and not much else.
"I thought of that while riding my bike." -Albert Einstein, on the Theory of Relativity

2007 ICE QNT
2008 Hase Kettwiesel AL27
2011 Catrike Trail
1951 engine
kingrollo

Post by kingrollo »

Rob Archer wrote:I've just got one and ridden about 50 miles on Norfolk roads and it's solid as a rock. It sticks out quite a bit further than the cyclestar mirror I used previously which can be a pain with cycle path barriers but it seems that cars give me a wider berth! The only other issue is that it covers quite a wide angle which means cars further away than about 50 metres aren't easy to see in daylight.

On the whole though, a good bit of kit.

Right - glad my recommendation was of use.

I find it great on quiter roads - where I hear, check mirror, brace myself !!!! - on busier roads where there is lots of traffic not so much (or it needs adjusting!!) - the traffic is coming all the time - but the mirror is showing wots further down the road not right behind you.

I do like the bomb proof element of it though - it just doesn't move.

I think I might try a blackburn on for close over my shoulder....