Aha, the legendary ICE customer service.

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
BlackPanther

Aha, the legendary ICE customer service.

Post by BlackPanther »

I've had a rattle problem on my Trice's rear cassette, but didn't have the correct tool for the job, so below is an email I sent to ICE.

Hi. I purchased a 2nd hand Ice Trice QNT around a year ago. I've used it heavily (5,000+ miles) and the rear cassette has developed a 'rattle'. Having removed the wheel I can feel play both sideways, and circular-all gears 1-6 have play in them.
I have a shimano cassette removal tool, which worked fine on a Trice 'S' I owned a few years ago, but this cassettes lockring has only 4 teeth holes. Can you give me a price for a replacement cassette (9-32) and also, do you supply the correct tool to remove it please.
Many thanks, Mr C Panther.

To which I received this prompt reply from ICE.

Hi Carl,
It sounds like the cassette body retainer is loose so I would suggest tightening this before replacing expensive parts. (see attached photo)
I am sending you a lockring spanner and our instructions for stripping the hub, free of charge.
If you do need a replacement cassette the price is £94.83 + P&P
Many Thanks,
Phil
Inspired Cycle Engineering
Unit 15 Tregoniggie Industrial Estate
Bickland Water Road
Falmouth, Cornwall
TR114SN
01326 378848

And in the post the next day I received,
Now, how good is that for customer service.....especially as I've never actually bought anything from them. I suppose that by buying 2nd hand Ice trikes, the sellers may go on to buy a new model from them?
10/10, 5 stars, to Ice! Here's hoping that one day I'll have the dosh to but that brand spanking new Vortex I'm dreaming of!
The photobucket images don't work !!!
Spinners

Re: Aha, the legendary ICE customer service.

Post by Spinners »

Nice to hear! Without taking anything away from a superb response I'm wondering if they have they changed their name from ICG to ICE and have unsold stock of the ICG branded spanners?
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

If you turn it over the g becomes a lower case e, and the I and c remain...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Spinners

Post by Spinners »

Ah, I see.
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
BlackPanther

Post by BlackPanther »

Spinners wrote:Ah, I see.

Happy now? lol. :wink:
The photobucket images don't work !!!
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

BlackPanther wrote:Happy now? lol. :wink:

Much better :mrgreen: :lol:

The service they provide, it's only fair to get their logo the right way up ;)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
forlorn hope

Post by forlorn hope »

ICE have great customer service,just one thing has peeved me from my last purchase from them.
I bought the new hardshell seat for the S and although I already had the compatable mounting kit,I was informed I had to buy the seat with the VTX kit which was absolutely no use to me and I had to pay around £40 for the privalege.
Trice S 700cc
Optima baron