Guy Martin does recumbents!!!!!!

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Ben@Forest

Re: Guy Martin does recumbents!!!!!!

Post by Ben@Forest »

This has probably been posted somewhere else on the forum and it's a bit OT but Guy Martin has 21 points on his licence and never seems to have it taken away. You hope that nothing serious will ever come of his repeated and serious speeding offences but....

http://www.driving.co.uk/news/guy-martin-on-his-volvo-fastest-car-in-britain/

You have to scroll down a fair way.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

“I love risking my life, but to get the buzz on a bike on public roads I’d need to be doing 180mph. You can’t, and I wouldn’t want to. I’ve got 21 points on my licence. I just keep getting caught in the van. I was in court recently. The judge asked me if it would affect my living if I couldn’t drive. I said, ‘I race motorbikes, I race mountain bikes and I go to work, and if I can’t drive, I can’t do any of them.’ He gave me three points and let me keep my licence.”
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Well he can never fail can he..................

Another british record for hovercraft.

Right at the start of the show (last week sun) comentator said "Guy smashed the tandem record" :?
Me thinks he has mates like Sir Ranalph Fiennes does, he also appears in last weeks hovercraft record breaking show.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

AlanGoodman wrote:Morning all...

Any volunteers to sit on the back of a back-to-back in-line recumbent for 24 hours??

Alan

Seriously, I don't know why you don't have more people up for this. The record is there for the taking, you just need to be fairly in shape and have the right bike. Who wouldn't give it a shot?
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.