Up for a ride?

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Tilley

Re: Up for a ride?

Post by Tilley »

Had a ride planned with the south West and Wales Trike Riders from Gloucester but similarly had to cancel due to the sudden change in the weather. So many rides planned but such poor weather wishing for brighter days.
cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

Short notice ride, I reached out to everyone Saturday and we were on the road Sunday morning. Thanks Jon Dave and Brian for coming out. Turned out to be a nice little ride for being off the cuff.

[youtube]wSr9uLHUcXo[/youtube]
Only dead men have seen the end of wars

Pashley PDQ, Performer 922
cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

I got the 360° camera for my birthday. I can't wait to use it.

Tilley

Post by Tilley »

Ride planned for Saturday from Chepstow to the Transporter Bridge and back
hoarder
Location: South of Newmarket, SW of Bury St. Edmunds. ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ sƃuıɥʇ ʇɐ ƃuıʞool

Post by hoarder »

cookie32 wrote:I got the 360° camera for my birthday. I can't wait to use it.

Hurrah ! I'd better clean the trike before the next ride (I might even have a wash myself).

Good to see everyone for the ride - how are people fixed for Sunday 25th Feb, for the next one ?
cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

I can't make it the 25th, I'm away from the 22nd for the anniversary, sorry guys. Wish I could go, I'm excited to try out the new toy. I should have it mounted today depending in what my wife has planned. Might just give it a spin around the block a few times to see how it looks.

hoarder
Location: South of Newmarket, SW of Bury St. Edmunds. ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ sƃuıɥʇ ʇɐ ƃuıʞool

Post by hoarder »

OK, we'll catch up at the next opportunity.

I'm working towards at least two of us meeting on the 25th February, with a circular ride from

Wickhambrook Memorial Centre (car park alongside), Cemetery Rd, Newmarket CB8 8XP https://goo.gl/maps/i6buY6tnm422

The route is nowhere near as flat as our normal rides - have a look https://goo.gl/maps/tb8y7RzsD2K2, just over 27 miles with some gentle hills, but does take in some stunning Suffolk views, and we'll be stopping at Maglia Rosso https://magliarosso.co.uk/ in Hawstead (we pass a number of Pubs as well....). It'll be a more leisurely ride :D

Daveyboy is currently ride-less (he's sold his Performer, and is looking around before chosing his next trike :wink: ) but I'm aiming to lend him my Lepus on the day (if my ICE rebuild gets finished). Wickhambrook Village shop has a coffee machine (and sometimes cake), and will be open on Sunday morning.

If you're interested, PM me with a preferred start time.
hoarder

Post by hoarder »

What a beautiful day out ! Cold, but bright sunshine and blue skies. Daveyboy took the Lepus out for the ride, and I was on the first proper ride on a recently-finished winter project, a 2010 ICE Adventure 2. A very pleasant 18 miles at a relaxed speed meant we were both able to work out what we liked, and disliked about the trike we were riding. Quick stop for a pint at The Fox in Ousden, then back to the start. Ive got a list of snags to sort for the ICE, and Daveboy's got some experience of riding a high-seat delta trike before he makes up his mind which will be his next trike. Exciting times :D
Attachments
Trike Mafia
Trike Mafia
Test ride route 25Feb18
Test ride route 25Feb18
davyboy

Post by davyboy »

Love the picture and a very good ride helped me decide what to buy next.PS you all missed a great pint.
cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

Sunday?

hoarder

Post by hoarder »

Sunday 13th's a no go for me this time, sorry. But I can do the 20th or 27th ?
cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

hoarder wrote:Sunday 13th's a no go for me this time, sorry. But I can do the 20th or 27th ?

27th is a go, any ideas? Thetford Forest maybe or the St. Ives ridr we cancelled?

landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Tomorrow morning. 12th May ... Wickersley Comprehensive School .... 30 mile round ride .... 0730 hrs ..Cafe stop .... look for the big guy on the green bike .. in red shirt .... :)
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
hoarder

Post by hoarder »

OK, Sunday 27th is now in the Diary - I'd go for the St. Ives trip we couldn't do earlier in the year. Seem to remember planning to have lunch up at a Pub in St. Ives, too. Route https://goo.gl/maps/e96wRJR6Ugn

10.00 a.m start at

Cambridge Rd "Green"
Impington
Cambridge
CB24 9PS

https://goo.gl/maps/gKqQRLoFBd42

Directions: Take junction 32 exit off A14, and head north on B1049 signed towards Histon and Cottenham.
After just 150 yards, turn left at the traffic lights, and follow the road round to the left, and park adjacent to the green "island" on Cambridge Road.
cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

Sounds good, can't wait.