Up for a ride?

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
puffer35

Re: Up for a ride?

Post by puffer35 »

Afternoon Gents,
Any ideas where in Suffolk, Norfolk or Cambridgeshire is best to go and look at recumbent trikes?
I have been following this thread for a few weeks now and would be interested to see if the old joints take a bit more kindly to this form of exercise than a conventional bike?
Any help would be very much appreciated.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

DteK, near ely
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
aideym

Post by aideym »

How did you get the telemetry on the videos?
cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

aideym wrote:How did you get the telemetry on the videos?

I use a Garmin Virb Elite. It interlaces the gps data with video using virb edit software.
Only dead men have seen the end of wars

Pashley PDQ, Performer 922
davyboy

Post by davyboy »

Great ride you guys good fun. I must thank hoarder for the route. Is there any steeper hills round that area? or have we done them all?. Look forward to the next ride. ride safe.
hoarder
Location: South of Newmarket, SW of Bury St. Edmunds. ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ sƃuıɥʇ ʇɐ ƃuıʞool

Post by hoarder »

davyboy wrote: Is there any steeper hills round that area? or have we done them all?.

Well, if I'm ever allowed to plan another route :wink: , I'd take you from Cheveley to Stetchworth, and back to Newmarket via Kirtling. One long climb, and several small ones. Sadly, though, not a cakeshop in miles :(
cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

Looks like we're at it again this Sunday. That would be Hoarder, myself, and hopefully Davyboy. Looks like we may get a little wet so govern yourself accordingly. As always the more the merrier, please feel free to join us. If you have any questions just ask. I will be riding back to Mildenhall after we reach point B on the map which is another 6 miles. This will make the entire ride roughly 31miles if you return to Angels Café, 23 miles point A to B. I will happily see anyone back to Angels Café if they drive in for the ride.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z6oRe6P99rfo.kdOgEl0avaWo

RALLY POINT:
Angels Cafe
8 Chiswick Avenue
Mildenhall
Bury St. Edmunds IP28 7AY
[b]@0800[/b]

davyboy

Post by davyboy »

Hi guys I will not be with you on sunday, my car was rear ended a few days ago so I am battered and bruised at the moment. It looks a good ride.Have a good ride.David.
cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

davyboy wrote:Hi guys I will not be with you on sunday, my car was rear ended a few days ago so I am battered and bruised at the moment. It looks a good ride.Have a good ride.David.

Sorry to here that davyboy, hope you feel better soon. We'll be patiently awaiting your return. Best wishes on a fast recovery.

cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

Another Sunday ride in the books. Wasn't great weather but saying that we didn't get wet so I'd say we came out on top. We met up at Angels Café in Mildenhall, after some gadget talk we hit the road looking to lay came to a new underpass crossing the A11 in the name of Recumbent riders everywhere. Hoarder and I figured we were the first bent riders to use it based off the limited number in the area. In the process of claiming the underpass we found a lovely stretch of road we hadn't used before. Which will be going on the short list for our unplanned Imperial century ride. Brian showed us what his Evo K could really do on one of our climbs, it was very impressive. Our ride wasn't without calamity though, poor Brian had to adjust a chain tube and repair A flat. Had a fair few laughs from start to finish so I'd say a great ride. Thanks Hoarder and Brian.

[youtube]VGXVdKgxvzM[/youtube]

hoarder
Location: South of Newmarket, SW of Bury St. Edmunds. ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ sƃuıɥʇ ʇɐ ƃuıʞool

Post by hoarder »

Cheers Will, Brian, that was a good morning.

Davyboy - hope you're not too badly bruised, and will be up for joining us again when you're ready. GWS.
cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

We're off again. Route is being worked but meeting point and time are set. I would expect 30 to 40 miles for the route though. Soon as Jon gets a route sorted I'll post a map link. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

RALLY POINT:
Angels Cafe
8 Chiswick Avenue
Mildenhall
Bury St. Edmunds IP28 7AY
Sunday 0800

here's the route
https://goo.gl/maps/WmMsz

cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

Packing a sandwich or some other life sustaining treat of your choosing may not be such a bad idea. I'm sure we might pass a place to stop and grab some tea and cake but nothing is planned so govern yourself accordingly.

cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

Sunday group ride was excellent. We had Jon and Dave on Performers, Brian in his Evo-k and me bringing up the rear on the PDQ.
41.45 miles out to Thetford forest and back to civilisation. Some of the route was uncharted territory for all of us but David. We even found 5 miles of newly laid blacktop, what a treat. I got a little excited in the video.
Jon hit his metric century, so congrats to him for checking that off the list.

[youtube]rHsyjdgG_84 [/youtube]

hoarder

Post by hoarder »

Jon hit his metric century

Yeah, by the time I got home it was 110km / 68 miles. Garmin said average was 12.1 mph. I'm chuffed to bits with that. :D Longest ride ever for me, upright or recumbent.

Good to have the company yesterday, chaps. Look forward to the next one, although might be a while - kinda busy over the next month :(