SOLD: 5kg tub of topline 2000 AKA Dura Ace grease

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
Bonefishblues

Re: 5kg tub of topline 2000 AKA Dura Ace grease

Postby Bonefishblues » 13 Apr 2019, 3:13pm

Given the number of double-tubbers why don't you just do big tubs (of which I'd take one) and I think you're probably there by now, aren't you?

elPedro666

Postby elPedro666 » 13 Apr 2019, 3:26pm

Bonefishblues wrote:Given the number of double-tubbers why don't you just do big tubs (of which I'd take one) and I think you're probably there by now, aren't you?
Because then we couldn't be known by the wonderful moniker 'double-tubbers' and the world would be the poorer for that!

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 13 Apr 2019, 3:35pm

elPedro666 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:Given the number of double-tubbers why don't you just do big tubs (of which I'd take one) and I think you're probably there by now, aren't you?
Because then we couldn't be known by the wonderful moniker 'double-tubbers' and the world would be the poorer for that!

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

One for BP's new words thread, I suppose :)

alexnharvey

Postby alexnharvey » 13 Apr 2019, 7:16pm

Whereabouts in North Herts, how far from Cambridge? If not too far I'd collect a tub.

The utility cyclist

Postby The utility cyclist » 14 Apr 2019, 12:34am

oldkit wrote:Hi If it helps you can send a third one to El Pedro and we'll sort out the money, or I can send payment to youself for mine if needs be.
Strangely enough, I was trying to get hold of El P to ask if he wanted the same stuff from another source, about the same price. :)

I can do that no problem, don't mind if El Pedro sends funds for all three, that's fine. It'd be £21 incl post for the three. Pm me so I can update.

Bonefishblues wrote:I'll have a tub too, assuming you go that route :)

No worries, you're on the list, and re 'double tubbing' 8) as I said I hadn't thought through the separating it out option so I'm trying to get some tubs/containers together. They might not be full 500g size so can either make up the small difference in a ziplock pouch or charge the weight at pro rata whichever is preferable. I'll add in a bit extra for losses on the sides of the pouch in any case.

PT1029 wrote:Good timing, my grease tin scraping has finally cleaned the bottom of the tin.
I'd like 1 X 500g tub please.
Might have 2 if it helps you get the numbers/empty your tub.

Thanks.

You can have one or you can be a double tubber 8) :lol: but don't feel obliged to take two, just indicate either way as if you take 2 then that takes me to the 10 to empty the bucket.

Right, so far I have:
Tuttonp x2 - replied via PM
joost x2 - replied via PM
El Pedro/Oldkit x3 (total)
Bonefishblues x1
PT1029 x1 possibly 2

So those who haven't PM'd, do so and I'll update when I've got some tubs/containers together.
Lastly, and so it's open/on the thread, if anyone isn't happy with the product for whatever reason you'll get your money back, I'm not in the habit of ripping people off or putting them in a situation of thinking they haven't got what they thought they were supposed to get. I don't need a load of flannel/waffle, just keep it simple :wink: I can't say fairer than that to give assurances to buyers.

The utility cyclist

Postby The utility cyclist » 14 Apr 2019, 1:01am

alexnharvey wrote:Whereabouts in North Herts, how far from Cambridge? If not too far I'd collect a tub.

If PT1029 takes two tubs then that'd be all gone I'm afraid.
If not then I'm in Letchworth Garden City, so about 26 miles each way if staying off the A505, I could cycle to say Guilden Morden though to make it easier. Again that all depends on if PT1029 takes 1 or two lots.

PT1029

Postby PT1029 » 14 Apr 2019, 7:07am

I'll go with 1 tub so Alex H can have one.

The utility cyclist

Postby The utility cyclist » 14 Apr 2019, 1:55pm

Okay, so an update:
Tubs found, most of them from my recycling bin, everything has been meticulously sanitised and cleaned and one lucky double-tubber will get a ceramic 'tub'.
So, to make it far easier for me the tubs are going to hold 450g each (I can't fit 500g in) and the price reduced accordingly per unit, so that's £5.40 per 450g 'tub' (plus postage) I've made sure to include a little bit extra in each unit.

So, PT1029, if you do want 'double-tubbage' that's fine as there will be one available for alexnharvey, but again entirely up to you.

Here's a photo of the tubs, if anyone wants to pull out due to doubts over the container quality then that's fine, just let me know and I'll take you off the list. All will be boxed in corrugated cardboard and I'll put a strip of tape on each side to ensure there's zero chance of the lid coming off in transit barring the box being destroyed, none are loose fitting types in any case so all 'snap' into place.
grease.JPG

The utility cyclist

Postby The utility cyclist » 14 Apr 2019, 2:51pm

Ok, people seem to be worried about the clover tubs. Well these aren't the same as the thin plastic of cheaper margarine's, in fact compared to my old lithium grease pot the Clover tubs are better, less brittle for one thing.
As I've said, if this is going to be a problem, let me know and pull out the deal, I'd rather people be completely happy than have doubts.
thanks

alexnharvey

Postby alexnharvey » 14 Apr 2019, 2:59pm

Could I suggest a wrap of wide tape around the circumference, overlapping tub and lid.

The utility cyclist

Postby The utility cyclist » 14 Apr 2019, 8:31pm

alexnharvey wrote:Could I suggest a wrap of wide tape around the circumference, overlapping tub and lid.

I'd already said I was taping the lid down for transit and in any case the lid has nowhere to go when it's packed so it can't come off unless the package is crushed.
Are you interested in one still?

alexnharvey

Postby alexnharvey » 14 Apr 2019, 8:36pm

Yes, please, I'll join the postage group if that's ok as it'll be a while before I'm down that way.

That's pretty much what I was thinking, if the package is crushed or squeezed the wrap provides a bit more insurance against leaks.

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 14 Apr 2019, 8:44pm

'Tubgate' :lol:

Let's crack on, how would you like payment?

The utility cyclist

Postby The utility cyclist » 15 Apr 2019, 7:10pm

Right, first three lots have been put into the post.

Bonefishblues wrote:'Tubgate' :lol:

Let's crack on, how would you like payment?

PM me, paypal preferred but can do bank transfer

alexnharvey wrote:Yes, please, I'll join the postage group if that's ok as it'll be a while before I'm down that way.

That's pretty much what I was thinking, if the package is crushed or squeezed the wrap provides a bit more insurance against leaks.

PM me and I'll sort out options for payment etc.

sswiss

Postby sswiss » 16 Apr 2019, 11:22am

I'd take a tub.

If North Herts is Royston-ish I may be able to collect

p.m on it's way.