SOLD Thorn Ripio 578S Frame & Mt Tura 26in forks for sale seperately or together.

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
BobT2019

SOLD Thorn Ripio 578S Frame & Mt Tura 26in forks for sale seperately or together.

Postby BobT2019 » 13 May 2019, 1:41pm

Now Sold. Many thanks for looking.

Thorn Ripio Frame, for on/off road touring, track/trail/road. Reynolds 725 Chro-moly steel frame in blue. Asking £250.
These were produced by Thorn for MTBers to upgrade their favourite MTB to a steel frame or build up a bike from new. As such they are a great, and cheap, way of building up the ultimate adventure tourer/MTB. Steel is Real, after all.

Built for 26in wheels, with braze-ons for just about every option: Removable V-brake lugs; Disc brake mountings and cable tie-ons (also suitable for Hydraulic tubing); Gear cable eyes; Mudguard and rack eyes; Crud-catcher braze-ons; and THREE bottle cage mounts. I am selling it with Thorn seat post and FSA Headset already fitted.

Size: Suitable for small male, female or teenager. Seat tube ctc = 34.0cm; top tube ctc = 55cm. Thorn size is 578S. For full specs see:
http://www.sjscycles.com/thornpdf/Thorn ... Hi-Res.pdf

This frame is built to take 80-100mm travel suspension forks. I have run it with Suntour suspension forks very successfully, and also with Thorn Mt. Tura forks (which IMO are a better option). It has done less than 200 miles of road, track and trail short runs. There are some cosmetic marks to the powder coating.

Mt Tura forks: for 26in wheels, steel (suspension compensated). Asking £50.
Steerer tube = 272mm (Reduced from supplied length of 400mm, but there’s still plenty of tube left for your own modification.)
Again, more braze-ons than you can shake a stick at! Less than 100 miles of road, track and trail on the above frame.

These are the same model as still listed on the SJS Web site, where more details and specs can be found: https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/forks/26-th ... att-black/

Reason for sale: This frame and forks are ideal for Adventure touring, which is something I intended to do but just never get around to. Having just obtained a vintage (1950s) British lightweight for restoration and road use, and along with the Brommie, and old Raleigh Hybrid hack that does everything else, the Thorn is one bike too many (if I dare say such a thing), and, let’s be honest, I could do with the funds to complete the restoration this side of Brexit.

PM me for more details, photos or to arrange to view – I am about 10 miles from the A14/M6/M1 junction.

Buyer collects, or arranges Courier (in which case I am happy to pack).
These aren’t on any web auction site, yet. I’ll give it a few weeks here to let you serious cyclists have first crack.
Last edited by BobT2019 on 20 May 2019, 7:30pm, edited 2 times in total.

Raym

Re: Thorn Ripio 578S Frame & Mt Tura 26in forks for sale seperately or together.

Postby Raym » 15 May 2019, 9:04am

Hi Bob,

I'm interested and would like to see some photos of the frame and forks.

Regards,

Ray

BobT2019

Re: Thorn Ripio 578S Frame & Mt Tura 26in forks for sale seperately or together.

Postby BobT2019 » 15 May 2019, 6:35pm

Hello Ray,
Many thanks for taking an interest.
I will get photos to you a.s.a.p.
It might take me a couple of days due to other commitments, but I will get them to you.
I have suddenly got an extra church commitment, and am half way through replacing garden fence panels, but I will get there.
Be in touch soon.
Bob

markjohnobrien

Postby markjohnobrien » 16 May 2019, 11:09am

BobT2019 wrote: << SNIP >>

Hi Bob,

I'm very interested. Can you please send photographs.

I have PM'd you.

Regards.