56cm Viking Milano Compact Frame

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
jmr

56cm Viking Milano Compact Frame

Postby jmr » 3 Feb 2019, 3:01pm

For sale: A Viking Milano 56cm Compact Frame and 120mm stem
DSC_0271.JPG

Asking price: £50, collection only.

Further details:

An ideal frame for a first road bike. An 6061 alloy frame with steel bladed forks, with a steel steerer.
68mm BB shell, takes a English threaded bottom bracket. BB threads are clean. I was using a 103/4mm BB with standard shimano cranks.
Takes a 27.2mm seat post.
130mm OLD rear, 100mm OLD front. Fork has lawyers' lips, but not too pronounced.
This is a stiff and responsive frame, that is quite good fun to ride.
Clearance for 25mm tyres with mudguards, can take a pannier rack using a seat clamp that has threaded bosses set into it, such as https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/seat-posts/mpart-seat-clamp-with-rack-mounts-for-318-mm-diameter-seat-tubes/

The frame has bosses for downtube levers, and could also include adaptors for use with STI levers.

Matching white alloy stem is also included. Length I believe is either 120mm or 130mm.

There are some unavoidable scratches and chips from years of careful use. There is one mudguard bolt that has sheared when trying to remove: despite being well greased when put in. This is front drive side. Also, slight damage to paint on chainstay non-drive side where a stand was fitted with rubber inserts between stand and frame.

There are some chips due to chain slap on the chainstays. Frame is free from corrosion, having been washed and polished on a regular basis. A slight amount of surface rust to inside of forks where mudguards have rubbed.

Reason for selling: surplus to requirements since I transferred the parts to a larger frame that fit better.

I have attempted to show these in the pictures below.

DSC_0266.JPG

DSC_0265.JPG

DSC_0259.JPG

DSC_0270.JPG

Also can include a handlebars pictured: generic Raleigh branded compact drops in 26mm for an extra £10.

COLLECTION only from WF14, Mirfield, West Yorkshire.

jmr

Re: 56cm Viking Milano Compact Frame

Postby jmr » 3 Feb 2019, 3:08pm

Further images:

Paint removed by chain in rear drop out.
DSC_0273.JPG

Scratches to clear coat on down tube, not through to colour beneath:
DSC_0269.JPG

Aforementioned surface rust on inside fork blade:

DSC_0267.JPG

Please PM if you require further details. For any measurements etc, you may have to wait until the weekend, as I work away from home.

JMR