Thorn Audax Mk3 frameset 57cm

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
cryrnr

Thorn Audax Mk3 frameset 57cm

Postby cryrnr » 12 Jun 2020, 4:11pm

Can I interest anyone in an almost perfect Thorn Audax Mk3 frameset?

I say almost perfect as other than the odd very minor chip and chain mark on the chain-stay (you would be hard pushed to see them) its as new. Its the standard frame (so Thorn 858 Chrome Moly seamless butted tubing) but with the Reynolds 853 fork upgrade. Colour is Gunmetal. - aka metallic grey!

Nominal size is 57cm but actual seat tube dimension (BB centre-to-tube top) is 55cm. Please see Thorn website for full size chart. I'm about 5'10" with 32" inside-leg and it fits a treat.

Fitted with Orbit XL2 headset and Thorn seat post. I will also include if you want them; Tektro 539 brake calipers (black with new Swiss Stop pads), Ritchey Nero drop bars and Ritchey stem (will need to check length but its not long as I prefer relaxed rising position - for the same reason the steerer tube has been left fairly long with spacers under the stem, again can measure if you wish). All perfect.

Not much point in my posting photos as it looks just like those on the Thorn web site.

Current retail price of frame + forks excluding headset, brakes, stem, bars is £570.

Can I tempt anyone at £299 including delivery?

Neil

07702 363387
Located New Forest

BarryS

Re: Thorn Audax Mk3 frameset 57cm

Postby BarryS » 20 Jun 2020, 8:52am

pm sent