SOLD - Alfine 8 in 700c Mavic rim

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
PH

SOLD - Alfine 8 in 700c Mavic rim

Postby PH » 22 Jul 2020, 1:21pm

Sold, thanks for looking
Shimano Alfine 8 speed hub (Model number SG-7001-8) on Mavic A319 rim
https://www.taylor-wheels.com/28inch-bi ... ake-silver
Bought from Taylor Wheels in Germany in February this year and used for 367 miles of delivering before the World went mad. Change of bikes means this is now surplus to requirements.
Suitable for rim or disc brake, it’s only been used with a disc so the rim’s braking surface is untouched. The shifter, cable, nuts and anti turn washers have never been fitted (The wheel was a straight swap)
I used it as supplied, just fitted tyre and disc. There are things you can do to improve longevity and it’s probably new enough to benefit from them if that’s your thing.
Under warranty, only original owner but I’m sure we could work something out.
Includes tyre and tube, 35mm wired Randonneur with as much use as the wheel and no punctures.
The invoice from TW was for 227 euro and by the time Paypal had robbed me on the transaction fees I paid £217 including P&P.
I’ll take £150 including P&P, not really interested in offers thank you, at that price it’s cost me about 20p a mile, good job I was being paid for riding or that’d make me cry.
Alfie-2.jpg

Some options to go with it;
Afine CT-S500 tensioner, this is a year older than the hub, but working fine +£8 (They’re about £17 new)
Tensioner.jpg

FSA chainset, 130 BCD, 175mm cranks. Well used, also fitted with an aluminium bashguard and a 38T Thorn reversible ring. I flipped the ring when I fitted this wheel, even though it might not have needed it, so thousands of miles of use left + £20, I’ll include the chain with this, a rustproof single speed one, nothing special but you’ll know it all works well together.
Cranks-1.jpg

I can re-use the centerlock rotor, but if you need one, add £7 and I’ll include a basic Shimano one and locknut.
I also have the anti turn washers for horizontal dropouts, new and unused, a couple of quid less than the shop price if you need them.

If you’re building a bike, there’s some other bits available - BB7 brakes. Brake levers, bottle cages, rack, cuddly toy…
Last edited by PH on 7 Aug 2020, 10:36am, edited 1 time in total.

PH

Re: Alfine 8 in 700c Mavic rim

Postby PH » 22 Jul 2020, 1:22pm

... a couple more photos
shifter.jpg
Cranks-2.jpg
Alfie-1.jpg