Nanok DomusDuo 2 - SOLD

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
simonineaston

Nanok DomusDuo 2 - SOLD

Postby simonineaston » 23 Jul 2020, 10:05am

For sale, this super, winter-weight, 3 pole tunnel tent, from little known Norwegian tent maker. Very nice, little used, 4 season tent, £80, posted to any UK postcode. See short video here. This will suit someone who is looking for a tough tent, robust enough to use above the tree-line, in winter, in snow. At around 2.75 kg it's heavier than a lot of 2 pole tunnels (thinking Hilleberg's stalwart Nallo, at 2.2, for example), but of course the third pole give the vestibule extra height & stability. Again, comparing with the Nallo, whose vestibule slants to the ground, the vestibule of the Domus has more useable space for cooking or boot storage... or the dog! Not quite the famous fit & finish of a Hilly, but then it's not £500 + !! A tough little tent :-)
Telte Domus Duo_01-p.jpg
stock photo of Nanok DomusDuo2
Last edited by simonineaston on 29 Jul 2020, 8:38am, edited 1 time in total.
ttfn, Simon in Easton
(currently enjoying a Moulton TSR & a nano Brompton...)

KM2

Re: Nanok DomusDuo 2

Postby KM2 » 23 Jul 2020, 11:56am

I’m interested. When you say little used, how old? And how was it stored?
Thanks

simonineaston

Re: Nanok DomusDuo 2

Postby simonineaston » 23 Jul 2020, 12:20pm

I bought it online, heavily discounted at the time, donks ago, from a German outdoor store - Rose Versand, I think... probably 2011, thinking it could be a Nallo-on-the-cheap. However it was not, being a totally different tent, that is, it's a dedicated, 4 season, three pole tunnel, aimed primarily at winter use, in rough conditions. The Nallo, you will recall, is a light-weight two pole tunnel, aimed at 4 season use, below the tree line (anyone who's slept in a Nallo in anything above a moderate breeze will be aware of its propensity to flap & rattle...) Apart from the try-out in the back garden (subject of the video) I think I used it in ernest once, maybe twice - I can certainly remember it at the campsite near the pub in Priddy (Mendips)!
As soon as I realised it was not a poor-man's Nallo, and later, that I was unlikely to return to carrying out winter trips, requiring a proper winter tent, it was relegated to the shelf in the bedroom wardrobe, stored in its dedicated stuff sack, which has an integrated compression strap, said strap being loose for the duration of its storage. Hope that helps.
EDIT: Significant other thinks I paid £320 - she's good at remembering things like that... and that I kept it, as opposed to sending it back, 'cos I had aspirations of returning to winter fell-walking and wild-camping, which I used to enjoy. Note I say I, not we, as significant other is on the whole far too sensible to harbour vague and unrealistic dreams...
ttfn, Simon in Easton
(currently enjoying a Moulton TSR & a nano Brompton...)