Hand built wheels

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
Jayneypie1
Posts: 10
Joined: 15 Sep 2020, 3:50pm

Hand built wheels

Postby Jayneypie1 » 15 Sep 2020, 4:09pm

IMG_6483.jpg

Hand built wheels size 25mm to fit 11 speed or can be adapted to 9/10 speed they are Hope Pro4 hubs and Mavic wheel frames size on tyres 70c x25c 25-622. They can be converted to discs if required but I am not sure if you can use tubeless in them! They have not been used. Cost £400.00 when purchased. £200.00 o.n.o
Image Attachments
IMG_6580.jpg
IMG_6579.jpg
IMG_6581.jpg
IMG_6582.jpg
Last edited by Jayneypie1 on 17 Sep 2020, 9:37am, edited 1 time in total.

jahknob
Posts: 29
Joined: 25 May 2012, 5:02pm

Re: Hand built wheels

Postby jahknob » 15 Sep 2020, 9:13pm

Hi,
Could you provide a bit more information about these wheels? Some more details about the make and model of the rims, spokes and hubs would make it much easier to establish whether this is a good deal (or not). Even the number of spokes, which I can count myself (32/32), is a helpful piece of information when selling wheels, along with the intended use (road riding/racing/commuting/touring etc)
Thanks,
j.

greyingbeard
Posts: 826
Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 10:41pm

Re: Hand built wheels

Postby greyingbeard » 16 Sep 2020, 9:20am

Rim size (read it off the tyre)
which rims
which hubs
how many spokes
which spokes
who built them ?
are they for disc brakes, rim brakes, or both ?
they may be great wheels but no-one has a clue except you.

User avatar
leftpoole
Posts: 1041
Joined: 12 Feb 2007, 9:31am
Location: Thornbury, South Gloucestershire.
Contact:

Re: Hand built wheels

Postby leftpoole » 17 Sep 2020, 10:39am

greyingbeard wrote:Rim size (read it off the tyre)
which rims
which hubs
how many spokes
which spokes
who built them ?
are they for disc brakes, rim brakes, or both ?
they may be great wheels but no-one has a clue except you.


Well, Greying beard, it is pretty well obvious they are for discs!!

tuttonp
Posts: 250
Joined: 11 Nov 2009, 1:52pm
Location: Brizzol

Re: Hand built wheels

Postby tuttonp » 17 Sep 2020, 10:46am

leftpoole wrote:
greyingbeard wrote:Rim size (read it off the tyre)
which rims
which hubs
how many spokes
which spokes
who built them ?
are they for disc brakes, rim brakes, or both ?
they may be great wheels but no-one has a clue except you.


Well, Greying beard, it is pretty well obvious they are for discs!!


or Both??

User avatar
leftpoole
Posts: 1041
Joined: 12 Feb 2007, 9:31am
Location: Thornbury, South Gloucestershire.
Contact:

Re: Hand built wheels

Postby leftpoole » 19 Sep 2020, 11:21am

tuttonp wrote:
leftpoole wrote:
greyingbeard wrote:Rim size (read it off the tyre)
which rims
which hubs
how many spokes
which spokes
who built them ?
are they for disc brakes, rim brakes, or both ?
they may be great wheels but no-one has a clue except you.


Well, Greying beard, it is pretty well obvious they are for discs!!


or Both??


Indeed. They appear rim brake (rim) with Disc availability hub. Versatile......

UpWrong
Posts: 992
Joined: 31 May 2009, 12:16pm
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire

Re: Hand built wheels

Postby UpWrong » 19 Sep 2020, 6:03pm

Tyres are 25mm but I doubt the rims are. I think the wrong advice was given above.

User avatar
leftpoole
Posts: 1041
Joined: 12 Feb 2007, 9:31am
Location: Thornbury, South Gloucestershire.
Contact:

Re: Hand built wheels

Postby leftpoole » 19 Sep 2020, 6:37pm

UpWrong wrote:Tyres are 25mm but I doubt the rims are. I think the wrong advice was given above.


It wasn’t advice as such, it was an observation based on the photographs.

UpWrong
Posts: 992
Joined: 31 May 2009, 12:16pm
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire

Re: Hand built wheels

Postby UpWrong » 19 Sep 2020, 7:10pm

leftpoole wrote:
UpWrong wrote:Tyres are 25mm but I doubt the rims are. I think the wrong advice was given above.


It wasn’t advice as such, it was an observation based on the photographs.


You can't read rim size off a tyre which is what greyingbeard seemed to be saying.

PH
Posts: 9419
Joined: 21 Jan 2007, 12:31am
Location: Derby
Contact:

Re: Hand built wheels

Postby PH » 19 Sep 2020, 7:20pm

UpWrong wrote:You can't read rim size off a tyre which is what greyingbeard seemed to be saying.

Depends which dimension you're looking for.

tuttonp
Posts: 250
Joined: 11 Nov 2009, 1:52pm
Location: Brizzol

Re: Hand built wheels

Postby tuttonp » 19 Sep 2020, 8:24pm

PH wrote:
UpWrong wrote:You can't read rim size off a tyre which is what greyingbeard seemed to be saying.

Depends which dimension you're looking for.


I suspect most people would like to know rim width to understand what width tyres these wheels would accept

PH
Posts: 9419
Joined: 21 Jan 2007, 12:31am
Location: Derby
Contact:

Re: Hand built wheels

Postby PH » 19 Sep 2020, 8:54pm

tuttonp wrote:
PH wrote:
UpWrong wrote:You can't read rim size off a tyre which is what greyingbeard seemed to be saying.

Depends which dimension you're looking for.


I suspect most people would like to know rim width to understand what width tyres these wheels would accept

We're doing a great job of keeping these wheels at the top of the for sale board for the OP :wink:
Is there some error in what I wrote?

mumbojumbo
Posts: 375
Joined: 1 Aug 2018, 8:18pm

Re: Hand built wheels

Postby mumbojumbo » 22 Sep 2020, 11:36am

Any more details.