Wireless computer and cycle shorts

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
Fraz101

Wireless computer and cycle shorts

Postby Fraz101 » 12 Jun 2018, 10:30pm

So I'm kinda new to proper cycling and just bought a new (2nd hand but new to me) hybrid.

I'd like to get to try a proper pair of cycle shorts with the bum padding (are they called bibs?) preferably in black and size medium. And also a wireless speedo,nothing fancy just one that gives basic info is fine.

Thanks

Tiberius

Re: Wireless computer and cycle shorts

Postby Tiberius » 13 Jun 2018, 8:24am

Re computer....

Three of my bikes have these....http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cateye-velo-wir ... -computer/

100% reliable...Batteries last for ages (100 miles/week over three bikes)...No issues using dynohubs/lights etc.... :wink:

Psamathe

Re: Wireless computer and cycle shorts

Postby Psamathe » 13 Jun 2018, 3:41pm

Re: Computer. I've been through several (replacement and different models and found them all to be unreliable (tried both digital and analogue wireless communications). e.g. After a ride removed from bike and many meters away from stationary bike and speed reading 0.0 ... 0.0 ... 4.7 ... 2.1 ... 0.0 ... 8.4 ... 0.0, etc.; remove unit from bike whilst wandering round Waitrose and return to find you've recorded half a mile. And the digital communications one showing me doing 46 mph where in reality I'm standing waiting at a deserted road junction, no other cyclists (or cars or anything) in sight and magnet well clear of sensor.

Wired ones are cheaper, work, and the wire can be routed very neatly.

Ian