Wanted: 54cm aluminium frame with carbon forks

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
GordonB

Wanted: 54cm aluminium frame with carbon forks

Postby GordonB » 3 Jan 2020, 9:09am

I need to replace the frame on my winter road bike as I have finally accepted that 56cm is just a tad too big, so I'm looking for a decent quality 54cm aluminium frame/carbon forks that will take mudguards and a rack. The sort of frame that would suit would be a Kinesis Racelight, Specialized Allez or similar. Must be in very good condition and at an attractive price! However, I'm willing to consider more or less anything that is sub £200. Based in Suffolk and would prefer not to travel too far to view.

RickH

Re: Wanted: 54cm aluminium frame with carbon forks

Postby RickH » 5 Jan 2020, 10:22pm

I've got a 2008 54cm Kinesis Tk with carbon forks (replaced in 2015 under recall) that isn't doing anything*, apart from hanging in the shed. It is still built up as a bike but I had been thinking I ought to do something with it.

I would say it is in good, rather than very good, condition - there are a few minor paint chips (I can do some detailed photos for you).

The other thing is that it in in NW England, near Bolton. I do, however, have friends in Bury St Edmunds with relations in Bolton so there might be a way of getting it down that way if any of them are travelling between the two in the near future. I've not currently got any plans to be over that way myself in the near future.

Let me know if you're at all interested & we can take it from there.

(*Nothing wrong with it, just I bought a gravel bike to replace my old rigid MTB & found that I preferred riding that.)

GordonB

Postby GordonB » 6 Jan 2020, 2:40pm

Interested, PM sent!

bikesandboats

Postby bikesandboats » 14 Jan 2020, 9:15am

I have a Kinesis Racelight with carbon fork and mudguards, in very good condition. Has Shimano 105 9 speed groupset and fitted with mudguards. £200 might be a little lower than I was looking to get but PM me for more details and photos and we can discuss.

Edit - Didn't read close enough to see that you were after a frame only, I'd still be interested in splitting the bike so PM if you are interested.