hydraulic tandem rack

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
horizon

Re: hydraulic tandem rack

Post by horizon »

half cog wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 4:10pm As said its a gas strut as against hydraulic but it would appear no one has one going spare anyway.Might end up looking at the trailer option. Kinder for the car. Whilst I am not looking for something for nothing cant say I fancy paying best part of £400 for a new one for the roof. They do come up for sale now and then on e bay but nothing at moment. Anyone use a trailer and if so any good?I presume you would start from a basic trailer and modify from there?At the moment we are using a pendle but manually lifting the bike on is getting to be a bit much for the other half and it needs two of you. Would like to get it sorted before the lock down ends and we have the chance to roam further afield
We had a tandem roof rack on our Berlingo. Did use it once but what with step ladders etc ...

So, switched to putting the tandem sideways on to the back of the Berlingo on a tow bar-supported simple bike rack. I removed the front wheel and there was some bike sticking out at each side but within the legally permissible limit. Worked a treat, I could do it single-handedly and the only thing to watch out for was brushing too close to objects while driving.

The Berlingo isn't a narrow vehicle but neither is it the widest so many cars should work in this way.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
half cog

Re: hydraulic tandem rack

Post by half cog »

Now sorted thanks. Bought one on e bay this morning
half cog

Re: hydraulic tandem rack Now sorted Thank you

Post by half cog »

Now sorted thank you. Bought one on e bay this morning
half cog

Re: hydraulic tandem rack Now sorted Thank you

Post by half cog »

Now sorted thank you. Bought one on e bay this morning