Narrow (130mm) Saddles to buy or try out

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
Grumpyoldbiker

Narrow (130mm) Saddles to buy or try out

Post by Grumpyoldbiker »

I have spent a fortune on saddles over the last 10 years or so. For years I was using standard width saddles (143mm typically) and I suffered dreadful chafing, soreness and discomfort, sometimes for days after long rides.

After I had a bike fit which also measured my sit bones I discovered I had narrow sit bones and despite my scepticism I bought a narrow saddle which improved my comfort on the bike dramatically. I now have a couple of types of narrow saddles which are OK up to about 50 miles, and while I still get some discomfort at the end of a 50mile+ ride, I don't suffer the day after any more.

While these saddles are much better, I'm still searching for that holy grail which will hopefully allow me to do even longer rides without any discomfort. I'm happy to buy an expensive saddle, but I'm a bit wary of spending a small fortune on the latest type only to find it is uncomfortable FOR ME.

My current best saddle is the Specialized Toupe gel 130mm width (no longer sold in the UK)

Saddles I would like to try are:
Specialized Romin Evo 130mm
Specialized Sitero 130mm
Selle SMP 130mm
Any Selle "cutout" saddle with an S2 or S3 classification (These are 130mm)

So if anyone has any of the above saddles in at least reasonable condition, that they no longer want, or they want to sell, I would be happy to either buy them if the price is low, (say £30 or less) or alternatively if the price is not trivial, try them before I buy, (with postage at my expense.)

I hope this all makes sense.

Peter
sarniacycle

Re: Narrow (130mm) Saddles to buy or try out

Post by sarniacycle »

Hello Peter

No cutout but I'm selling the WTB saddle (2nd from the right in the photo) for £26 posted in case you're interested. It's a decent model and lightweight with Titanium rails but too skinny for me (127mm).

Either way, good luck on your search!
CyberKnight

Post by CyberKnight »

sarniacycle wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 7:00pm Hello Peter

No cutout but I'm selling the WTB saddle (2nd from the right in the photo) for £26 posted in case you're interested. It's a decent model and lightweight with Titanium rails but too skinny for me (127mm).

Either way, good luck on your search!
i see you gave a charge spoon and a fabric scoop in that photo ant info/ prices assuming they are for sale?
John Wayne: "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on... I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
sarniacycle

Post by sarniacycle »

All sold, I'm afraid. Just that WTB titanium one left.