Hilleberg Akto or Soulo

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
mylofitz

Hilleberg Akto or Soulo

Postby mylofitz » 27 Aug 2019, 9:26am

Hi,

Looking for a one man tent 4 season tent. Really like Hillebergs after owning a Nallo 3, thinking along lines of an Akto or Soulo.

Thanks

Myles

Psamathe

Re: Hilleberg Akto or Soulo

Postby Psamathe » 27 Aug 2019, 1:29pm

One consideration I considered was I tour with 4 panniers and don't want to bring them into the inner. After a wet mucky ride, wet panniers I want to keep the inside dry and clean. Thus I wanted big enough vestibule/porch space for 4 panniers and to allow me to get in and out as well.

My opinion was that those two did not give me enough space for my requirement (plus I went for a 2 person one for more space inside as well). Of course you might have different requirements.

Ian

padbadger

Postby padbadger » 27 Aug 2019, 10:57pm

I did a 6000 mile tour from UK to Kenya with an Akto and 4 pannier bags plus a pannier-top waterproof bag and found it to be perfect. The vestibule space extends the length of the tent whereas the opening to the inner extends only halfway, allowing you to stash the bags out of the way to make getting in and out of the tent easy. Plenty of room inside for an average sized man. I've since got a Nallo 3 GT which has a lot more space but is far more bulky. Neither for sale unfortunately, just adding my opinion; they crop up on ebay every now and then but aren't cheap these days!

filo

Postby filo » 29 Aug 2019, 10:38am

If you don't find one, I have a Saunders Spacepacker in excellent condition. Only used a handful of times, but a superb lightweight tent and like hen's teeth now.

Fratercula53

Postby Fratercula53 » 30 Aug 2019, 1:48pm

I have a Hilleberg Akto, which has been used on only 5 nights and is in excellent condition. Due to ill health I am unlikely to be using it.

If you are interested send me a PM